Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Jerseys - Sizes??

• 26-09-2005 11:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭

I want to order a Owens Eagles jersey but i have no idea how sizes translate to sizes we have over here.

For example i wear an XL Ireland Footy jersey so what size do i go for for the Eagles Jersey? Anyone have any experience with these?

I see they go all the way from M to XXXXL

So its kinda confusing :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

A large would fit you about the same as an XL ireland jersey i'd say but you may as well go for an XL one so its not like an italian soccer jersey :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Well considering how big American sizes are,to accomodate the 'bigger man',your XL footy jersy is prob a M in those jerseys,haha!!!

Ahh no only messin,sorry had to say it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

You wouldn't be far off though to tell you the truth.

I can give you an idea in rugby sizes;

A Canterbury size is usually 2 smaller than the corresponding American Footer.

My L AmFoot Jersey's are about as big as my da's XXL Rugby ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

I went with L in the end, so here's hoping it fits :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

It certainly wont be too small anyway. Pity you didnt pick a better jersey though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Im 5"10 and 175lbs and I have a L rams jersey and a M falcons jersey, the medium fits me much nicer than the large if thats any help

It certainly wont be too small anyway. Pity you didnt pick a better jersey though :D

Less of that! :D

I like controversial players who are good,

In all sports :D

Arrived insanely fast from the USA and its a little big, nothing major but a M would have done fine.

Still fits ok just might have to wear something extra under it :D

Thanks for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Padwick

Always go a size smaller if you're ever getting an authentic jersey too. They're huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

where did you buy the shirt from?

did customs or An Post try to charge you extra duty?

is there anywhere over here you can get jerseys?

• Advertisement

Boomer23 wrote:
    where did you buy the shirt from?

did customs or An Post try to charge you extra duty?

is there anywhere over here you can get jerseys?

I ordered it direct from the Packers.com shop when it was on sale (the time they were changing from Nike to Reebok). I got it delivered but didn't have to pay any extra apart from the delivery that the site quoted.

I've not seen authentic jersies for sale over here anywhere. To be honest I wouldn't bother anyway; the sleeves are made for pads so are a weird shape and it's like wearing a duffle coat it's that heavy. Very uncomfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

i bought a replica Jets shirt in NY a few years ago but its WELL worn by now.....shame, i love that shirt!

thanks for the info dude, had heard bad thangs about import duty from the states!

let me guess, Favre shirt?

Nope I had a Favre home replica and the 1930's Thanksgiving replica. That's the worst thing, I got Levens on it and a few weeks later Green got his act together and Levens was gone.

Advertisement