Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Radio Progs?

Options
  • 26-09-2005 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Can anyone suggest a good late nite radio programme like Tom Dunne's Pet Sounds or the Wireless with Cormac Battle.

I used to listen to Jenny Heuston's show religiously on weeknights on 2fm & Cormac Battle when he did it in recent weeks but since their schedual shake up I've nothing but crap to listen too. Any smaller stations with similar shows? I live in Kildare so can get most Dub stations. Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭KnowItAll

I can't think of any show that plays more than 1 metal song a week tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

They moved Cormac Battle to 00:00 :eek: i need my sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

If you can get Virgin radio I would seriously recommend them especially the Edge on a Friday night where they play lots of excellent new music along with the oldies. Robin has a show every night from 2 and its really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

BBC Radio 1 Rock/Metal show, Tuesday nights 1-3 : http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/alt/rockshow/index.shtml

Superb after a night out at the limelight or you can listen at a more civilised hour on the BBC website. Bruce Dickinson rock show's pretty good too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Cheers but i'm stuck with dial-up but might have a listen on Digital.

Cheak out 'The Edge' their a Canadian rock station its feukn brilliant was over there for a month in June & listened to nothing else & saw the foo fighters play an acoustic set at their station.

Whoever's in for Rick O'Shea tonights playn some class tracks has played Rage, foo's, maximo park, strokes and loads more class tunes not expecting it to continue after tonight though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Pjays wrote:
    If you can get Virgin radio I would seriously recommend them especially the Edge on a Friday night where they play lots of excellent new music along with the oldies. Robin has a show every night from 2 and its really good.

what kind of bands do they play on the friday night show?

they play songs that are just going to be released by up and coming new bands and also by existing bands. it varies a good bit the styles they play.they could play anything from audioslave to razorlight. it's a great way of hearing new music.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

so they dont really play metal as such ,im talking about stuff like biohazard,slayer,machine head,paradise lost etc...

Afraid not!! It's more classic rock and new modern rock bands.

Advertisement