Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Blue Yonder do it

• 27-09-2005 1:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭

Coming soon - 4Mb becomes 10Mb for £35

Soon we will be increasing your download speed from 4Mb to up to 10Mb.

In addition, we will be reducing the price of your service from £50 to £35 per month.

Your service will remain completely unlimited, so you don't have to worry about how much you use the Internet or the amount you download.

Posted on our forums by one of our members this morning , I am sure eircom will follow suit over here :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

jonski wrote:
    Posted on our forums by one of our members this morning , I am sure eircom will follow suit over here :o

Of course they will.
    I'm still waiting for Eircom to increase speeds, and reduce the cap..It'd just be so fitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

does ireland have a backbone network to cope with every dsl customer at 10mb
    i suppose if they did introduce it contension would go up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 holden

heh... great for the people in the 1st world. we're 3rd world unfortunately when it comes to telecomms. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Yes actually, the fiber backbone networks have lots of capacity and there are multiple providers to choose from. It;s the last mile (aka eircom) that has always crippled broadband in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

holden wrote:
    heh... great for the people in the 1st world. we're 3rd world unfortunately when it comes to telecomms. :(

Just as a matter of interest, does ireland have more wireless providers of broadband compared to the uk, because of our crap telco system?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Sparky_S wrote:
    does ireland have a backbone network to cope with every dsl customer at 10mb

Yes, Eircom has an excellent fibre backbone with plenty of capacity and there are also many other suppliers with plenty of fibre capacity. The problem in Ireland has never been the fibre backbone or international connectivity, which are actually some of the best in the world, the problem has always been the last mile.

Advertisement