Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoD2 Playable Demo: Verdict?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Terran

Played the demo a few days ago, it's great as demos go. Was able to run is perfectly on my system with 4xAA and 8xAF on, the graphics in the full version will be better than the demo obviously, there were missing and incomplete textures, and the graphics levels in options did not go into 'High' and 'Extra' like they will in the finial release. The level of action is higher again than in CoD1, combined with the improved graphics, it'll be a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Fionn_McCool

CyberGhost wrote:

I like that mouse sensitivity in options now has numbers beside it, but unfortunatelly, now way to type in(or adjust) the exact numbers
    `

yes there is, the console command /sensitivity is what you use, it was the same way in cod.

/bind m sensitivity 2.9 ----> thats what i use if i have rifle or mg in hand for more accuracy

/bind n sensitivity 5
    > for when using an smg, so i can spin around fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

holy cow, where were you before?

oh man I had so much trouble adjusting that damn lever in CoD, I had to remember it's positions and use all kinds of "visual marks" to set it right after the re-install

what is the default sensitivity? 5.0?

btw, there isn't a way to assign mouse button 4 and mouse button 5 to commands is there?

Thanks a lot Fionn! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

CyberGhost wrote:
    holy cow, where were you before?

oh man I had so much trouble adjusting that damn lever in CoD, I had to remember it's positions and use all kinds of "visual marks" to set it right after the re-install

That's hilarious CyberGhost! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I have to say i think the weapon sounds/models are way better in DOD:s. The source mg42 puts cod2's to shame

• Advertisement

Deadwing wrote:
    I have to say i think the weapon sounds/models are way better in DOD:s. The source mg42 puts cod2's to shame

Is DoD that good? Could anybody who has both please compare the two (full versions - not the CoD2 Demo)?

You cant really compare them tbh, as dod is MP only, and only has 4 maps, and cod is a singleplayer experience with plenty of levels really. like comparing bf1942 with cod 1 really, chalk and cheese. But the weapon models are far better in dod, easily.

Well, I downloaded the playable demo of BF2 to see what it looked like. Verdict: sh*t. (Don't get updet if you like it. This is my opinion). I wasn't surprised really considering it's an EA game...

I'll stick to my CoD thank you very much :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

post should be locked this is a COD thread not Bf2 !!!

I'm reporting you to a moderator !!!

;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

Well, I downloaded the playable demo of BF2 to see what it looked like. Verdict: sh*t. (Don't get updet if you like it. This is my opinion). I wasn't surprised really considering it's an EA game...

? :confused:

• Advertisement

What were you playing it on, a P3??

Deadwing wrote:
    What were you playing it on, a P3??

I didn't like the game itself. Nothing wrong with the graphics or frame rate... I found it extremelly hard to just start playing (having never played a "BF" game). I had to apply to become a squad leader or something then choose my spawn point but I didn't know how to do that (and I still don't)... Anyway I did manage to play a bit somehow.

It was a CTF type game in Syria or something (I'm sure most of you have played the demo). I really didn't get into it. It took 58 bullets (slight exageration obviously) to kill one single soldier and everybody was talking, looking for lifts or a mechanic or something... I didn't really understand what I had to do so I was just going up to the flags all by myself which turned out to be quite a bad idea...

I think my main problem here is that I don't like managing other soldiers or playing as a team with AI. I don't like it when it becomes tactical within the game itself (tactics should be on TeamSpeak only IMO - You shouldn't have to follow orders or request ammo or a medic...). I don't want to worry about other soldiers...

I know the above is negative but again, it is my opinion and I'm not trying to force anybody to think like me here. If you love BF2, I think that's great! You have 2 games to play when you get home! ;) I only have the one...

Drapper wrote:
    post should be locked this is a COD thread not Bf2 !!!

I'm reporting you to a moderator !!!

;-)
    lol Drapper :D

You bored in work again mate or what? :p

Stick with it man..seriously. one of the best online experiences going. Its not really CTF in the real meaning of like Q3 ctf, youre just capturing control points. Get yourself into a black hawk gunners seat with a good pilot, ripping people apart with the gatling and tearing around capping flags, cant be beaten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

Right , played it twice since yesterday , and yeah , once again it was the same old COD , but prettier . I like this game , quick action and good fun and without a doubt the best graphics within a WW2 game .

if I had one negative it would be the strain it put on my pc , p4 2.2 ati 9800 pro and she struggled with this one , nearly more so than BF2 , so that was dissapointing .

jonski wrote:
    Right , played it twice since yesterday , and yeah , once again it was the same old COD , but prettier . I like this game , quick action and good fun and without a doubt the best graphics within a WW2 game .

if I had one negative it would be the strain it put on my pc , p4 2.2 ati 9800 pro and she struggled with this one , nearly more so than BF2 , so that was dissapointing .
    Your PC struggled with it??? :confused: Mine didn't and it's not as good as yours! Well I have a P4 with 2.4GHz rather than 2.2GHz, but my graphics card is only a 9500 PRO... How much memory do you have?

This is weird... I read everywhere Call of Duty 2 wasn't as demanding as BF2...

Deadwing wrote:
    Stick with it man..seriously. one of the best online experiences going. Its not really CTF in the real meaning of like Q3 ctf, youre just capturing control points. Get yourself into a black hawk gunners seat with a good pilot, ripping people apart with the gatling and tearing around capping flags, cant be beaten.
    Well, I'll patiently await the release of CoD2 and if I'm not happy with that, or get bored with it, I'll give BF2 a proper try!
    But in all honesty I don't see that happening :p

Advertisement