Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old C64 Game - Flimbos Quest

Options
  • 27-09-2005 1:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hey,

Anybody know if you can download an emulated version of Flimbos Quest from the old C64 onto a PC?

Cheers,
    Vgar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Of course you can. Google for a C64 emulator....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

one of my most favourite games ever

Yeah, I loved this game too. Fun to play, and the music was excellent (haven't played it for years and I can still hum the highscore tune) :)

There are lots of hidden scrolls and things in it too... ducking in certain spots can give you free lives, skip levels etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I remember playing this for ages. I can still remember the music!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Oh man... this game ruled my life for the week i had it. The secret scrolls took it to a new level of 'trying everything'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

God I hated that game yet I played it so much just because it was on cartridge. What where the other games on that 4 in 1 cartridge that came with the later c64's, klax and the circus one and something else ?

The worst of the 4 - International Soccer....
    The circus one was Fiendish Freddy's Big Top O'Fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

TmB wrote:
    The worst of the 4 - International Soccer....
    The circus one was Fiendish Freddy's Big Top O'Fun.
    Klax was awful, the circus game was infuriating (tightrope saw-blade b*stard), Flimbo's was fun... the soccer game, oh my holy God... terrible, best way to score was to run the ball into the net.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Klax is a classic puzzle game. Most people (including myself) would have been to young to appreciate it. Played the arcade version on mame recently and it's a fantastic game. C64 version was arcade perfect in terms of gameplay.

The soccor game god it was brutal, never actually played any soccor game on the c64 that was any use. The circus one was fun, klax was excellent but I was more into side scrolling fighting games back then. Flimbos quest was terrible I just couldnt get into that game at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Kristok wrote:
    The soccor game god it was brutal, never actually played any soccor game on the c64 that was any use.

I have fond memories of Matchday 2. I'm sure it's unplayable now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Here found this site about 5 years back. If you want C64 you will love Lemon64.com. Has emulators and that bold R word on there that were not allowed talk about. Klax was a great game though people, used to wreck my head. Freddies Circus, just woeful, high diving into a cup of water!!!! Flimbos quest great game and Internation Soccer, dire just dire. take a shot from the corner of the box and you either score or walk in the rebound.

My fav commodore games: microprose soccer and ace of aces. Fav game ever on any console (sf 2 excluded) Megalo mania on Mega Drive. Amazing game.

god havnt seen that site in years its come on a good bit. Just had a look for a game i remember having on a cover tape called arnie and not only did I find it but a sequal too, its going to be a long night me thinks.

Can anyone remember a game: Rock star ate my hampster? It was a pi$$ take of the 80's headline in the sun and you basically managed a rock star. Pure tripe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://www.lemon64.com/
    Welcome to the C64 Game Archive!
    Lemon has detailed information for 3898 games. The high quality and the large amount of rare games makes the Lemon game archive unique. The downloadable games on this site are either freeware, or the copyright holder has given permission for free distribution.

Add to favourites tbh :rock_star_ate_my_hamster.jpgD

kdjac

While we are on the subject...

Whatever happened to kixx they seemed to release everything on the c64.

Advertisement