Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabbit insurance

Options
  • 27-09-2005 4:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there is an Irish insurance company that offers to insure rabbits? All I can find doing a search is UK sites.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

No rabbit insurance in Ireland, which is a shame. I wrote to them to see if they are considering it..got no reply :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

Did you write to Allianz direct?
    If you did I also wrote to them and got no reply! Maybe they thought we were taking the p1ss.
    I'm assuming a UK insurance company wouldn't cover here.

Yep, was Allianz. I doubt a UK company would insure rabbits over here. It's such a pain, our two bunnys usually cost us more in vets bills than the dogs.

Tell me about it!
    I dread to think what my bills for all of them would total, one bunny who had to have a couple of operations would alone be well over 500E :eek:

I emailed these guys last night to see if they would cover someone in Ireland or if they plan on offering the service in the future. I'll post their response, if I get one :rolleyes:
    http://www.petplan.co.uk/

Might be an idea to set up a petition to see just how many people are keeping house rabbits and would be interested in availing of insurance for them, then everyone who does can start letting the likes of Allianz know that this product is wanted and needed here.

Good idea, I'm sure there are other bunny owners who would jump at the chance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Dilly

I for one would defeinitely be interested in signing a petition if you were to arrange one. It's very annoying not to be able to insure my bun.

Shewhomust..are you making up a petition? If not does anyone know how to go about making an online petition for people to sign?

Hey, I did a bit of searching and found this:

http://www.ipetitions.com/

Has anybody used this before? Anyone think we could try it for our own rabbit insurance petition?

Dilly

Dilly wrote:
    Hey, I did a bit of searching and found this:

http://www.ipetitions.com/

Has anybody used this before? Anyone think we could try it for our own rabbit insurance petition?

Dilly

Joined up and will get a petition up and running asap, just need to write it!
    Will post up the link

Great stuff.

• Advertisement

Well done, Shewhomustbe...

I've signed up and forwarded the link on. Lets hope that this will get things moving.

Dilly

Do you mind if I cross post this to pets ireland board?

Having a problem signing it, what do people living in Ireland put instead of the Zip code, I treid '0000' and 'None' but it kept comin up wiht an error message

I put in n/a and it worked for me. I guess once you have your country as Ireland you could make up a postcode if necessary. We just need the insurance company to see that there is a demand for it in this country rather than a specific postcode.

Having a problem signing it, what do people living in Ireland put instead of the Zip code, I treid '0000' and 'None' but it kept comin up wiht an error message

Sorry about that! Edited it out there shouldn't be any more probs
    Do you mind if I cross post this to pets ireland board?

That would be great, thank you

Finally got a reply from petplan, well worth the wait :rolleyes:

"Dear Ms

I refer to your email and unfortunately we do not cover pets in Ireland
    and
    am unable to recommend any one. Maybe a vet could help.

Kind regards

Policy Administration Dept"

Well that's not very inspiring :(

How about the petition - are there many people signed up?

I know :rolleyes: , the vet can recommend Allianz, which is, umm, you!!!!

Not many, only 18. Tell all your friends!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

i signed the petition but how do you see who else has?

• Advertisement

I'm afraid for that priviledge I need to pay for it!
    I can tell you that you were signature number 31.

Advertisement