Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reflex XTR or AEROFLY PROFESSIONAL DELUXE

• 27-09-2005 11:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭

Hi,

I am split between two minds on which sim to buy Reflex XTR or AEROFLY PROFESSIONAL DELUXE???.
    Has anyone experience in playing both and which is more realistic and true to real RC flight. I know APD has more planes but hear it has less "picture real" backgrounds.

Any one out there have any idea on which is the better of the two.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 trudnai

I've been using RealFlight and Reflex and both of them are quite good at simulating the phisics -- I don't know anything about APD. Reflex has an extremly good display quality but I don't think if this would be the most important thing to learn or practise :-) I think the best way is to select a simulator is to see what helpers included, how teaches you flying including F3A and 3D maneuvers -- and of course whenever the appropriate simulator includes your plane or not.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

syl77 wrote:
    .... which sim to buy Reflex XTR or AEROFLY PROFESSIONAL DELUXE???....
    Don't forget Realflight G3.
    It is also "up there" in the photo realistic category of RC sims.

I have G3 and I like it. I have also used Aerofly Pro DeLuxe, and can say it is also excellent. Slight differences in the way the background is handled, but both are just brilliant.

I have been told that XTR has a lot to offer heli enthusiasts. But the presence of non english languages in much of the information available on XTR put me off, and that is why I chose G3.

But it is fair to say that none of these is wanting in any way. They are just different from each other. If you choose any one it will do all you want. It is only if you use all three, that you will make a choice on which one suits you the most. Particular planes available, backgrounds available, and so on come into play then.

One difference that I am aware of between G3 and APD.
    APD is easier to develop your own airfield on, if you plan to import background details from a pic of your actual field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

Cheers Coolwings and trudnai, Its been a tough decission and it came down to the wire between Reflex and APD.
    But with the heli features and from reading the following review :
    http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2486838/tm.htm
    Im going to go with Reflex.
    Will let ye know how I get on with it......

Have been using Reflex XTR now for nearly 3 weeks, and the more I play it the more I like it. Heres some video footage.....(Graphics better in actual game play)
    NOTE: Change file extension from .txt to .wmv after downloading.

syl77
    How is XTR suited to "making your own airfield?

• Advertisement

Hi Coolwings,
    Yes, the option to import your own senery is there, however you can't map it like the seneries that come as standard, so no flying behind or crashing into trees or other structures.
    I have yet to figure out how to do it, but basicaly it involves you creating a full 360 degrees view(bitmap) your field (camera & software), and importing it.
    Some people create the field and just copy it in over an already existing one, i.e. copy the bitmap over another and use same settings.
    I have downloaded a few seneries but have had trouble with getting some to work (C++ errors), again I havn't looked into it much but will shortly as there is a heli night flying option i want to get working and will try create one of our local field.
    Importing downloaded planes and heli’s is simple, however creating new ones with the reflex editor is not so easy and usualy takes up to 20 hours work to get right.

I haven't figured out G3 on the diy scenery either yet.
    I don't think any of them are all that helpful in this regard.

Advertisement