Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoid Vodafone Shop in Stillorgan

Options
  • 27-09-2005 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Wait for this, this is classic,

I am the IT manager for a firm in stillorgan, I go into the vodafone store to order 3 x 3g cards. No problem with that.

While I am there i ask themif its possible to move my number to a new sim card, as my current one is very old with a low capacity.

They say they do it for ready to go fro free. I was well chuffed and so gave them the phone to do it on the spot. keep in mind that at this point i am handing them a perfectly working phone. anywayafter a few card swops they complete the job and they then discover that my phone is now not recognising any sim cards. IE, somewhere in the job they did they damaged the simreader in some way. I can say I'm surprised as tehy seemed a little rough witht he sims as they were putting them in.

But the above is not eve the problem, They then say that I HAVE TO PAY (60 euro) for the repair, even though it had not been even in my hand since handing them the phone!!

What a bunch of pathetic, rip off gob****es!!

anyway one good side note is that my brother knows the head of Vodacrap customer services and he apparently is now dealing with the issue personally!!!

BTW, in the shop they tried to tell me is that a lot of new mobiles are not compatable with new sim cards and that they work better with the old ones!! HHAHAHAHAH

Pete

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

You can't be an IT manager. IT managers always have the latest sims/phones/gadgets - the old "I have to evaluate this." rigamarole ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭gizzymo

it was an old sim as it took me so long to evaluate it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Well I suppose from their side they could say that it's an intermittant problem that was there before they touched the phone, it was just a coincidence.
    The thing they said about the old/new sim cards is crap though.
    Give Vod Cust Care a ring yourself. I don't know if there's a specific section for complaints about Vodafone Retail but get your complaint on file too, not just in verbal form. Maybe write a letter.
    They'll probably fix it for free as a 'gesture of goodwill'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

gizzymo wrote:
    anyway one good side note is that my brother knows the head of Vodacrap customer services and he apparently is now dealing with the issue personally!!!
    TBH, I'd say your phone was on the blink in the first place. Did they use a lump-hammer to insert your new SIM?

But I'm sure with your connections, the shop will soon be napalmed and the heads of all offending staff put on spikes in the charred bomb-site, or used as novelty bowling balls in the Stillorgan Bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

the head of vodafone customer service / complaints is a "she" ill have you know and she is brill at her job ! ring teh help desk ask to speak to your accoun manager i presume you have one as most business account managers deal with customers buying more then two MCC(mobile connect cards). The customer service you recevived is terrible i must admit .

• Advertisement
Advertisement