Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT....The Waiting Game......Storytime!

• 27-09-2005 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi Folks....
    I am a very patient man...patience of a saint some say,,but my patience is wearing out and i don't know where to go from here.

First of all, i moved into a new house with an already active BT line with broadband. Perfect,it seemed.
    The line had basic broadband and BT talk plus. So, all i wanted to do was change the name,update to broadband plus and downgrade to BT talk.
    Simple,it seemed.

So i called BT cust care,after hour on hold,got through to some dude,said he would send a change of ownership form,fill it up send it back,and that would be that. Great! i thought.
    I week later,still no form,i called again 'sorry,the form was'nt sent out,no record of your call',,,ok i said i'll give them a chance,send it out again,it's ok.
    2 days later,the form arrives, with application form. I filled it up and sent it back,they said it would take 2 weeks to process,fine i thought, since the BT line is still here and broadband active,i can use temporarily.
    1 week later,broadband cut off, for no reason...ok, i'll wait until the end of the 2 week period to check,,,
    Checked the website, no orders processed.
    So again, i called BT Cust care,i availed of the callback thing which is pretty good..
    'Sorry, but there is no record of your application' i hear, ok,,,i start to go red..i told him i checked the website and the account is now in my name with my credit card details on there...if my name is on the account and my credit card details are on there how did you not get my application as the only place i game my cc details was on the application!!!....em...em..em.. i'll put you through to sales...on a q...cut off.
    So, i call sales,,,sales girl,took details,,said would take another 2 weeks..ok so,i have no choice to wait...so a week and a half later,,,call back in,,no record of my call again!!!
    So customer care, who do i need to speak to,,we cant do that from here..you will need to talk to sales..xfered to sales...in a q for a while...speak to someone,explained my situation,ok,,,i'll just put you on hold...on hold for a few minutes...turns out he put me back in the Q!
    Spoke to a salesperson,,,very cocky chap...no no no...it's customer care that will be able to process...cut me off.
    Ok, i need a coffee and a smoke...i'll call back after lunch.
    Called cust care, 'it's actually sales that should do this' the dude on the end of the phone says...dear o dear..explosion imminent...'but i can process this', so the dude takes a few details.It's gonna take another 2 weeks to process

So here i am,,1 and a half weeks later,still no broadband.
    I am going to call later on to see..but i can see more probs looming.

Any more messups and i think i'll cancel altogether,,,its a joke,,at least with eircom it took them 4 days altogether to connect the line,activate for dsl and send out modem...and to even upgrade from 1mb to 2mb took a few hours!!

I would understand if there was no esat Line of the delay, but my situation is that the line and broadband are already connected,checked on the site and i have a username and password...but cant connect,no sign of modem.
    I am using old eircom dsl modem,and it says DSL status is up.

I dunno wot to do next...stick it out with BT or go back to eircom,,but i heard it takes around 4 weeks to cancel the BT line,so i dunno wot to do.

So if anyone dat works in BT is out there,wots goin on???

So anyway,hope you enjoyed my story!

Advertisement