Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst Wrestler of All Time?

• 27-09-2005 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Who would all pick to be the worst wrestler of all time??
    (Brooklyn Brawler does not count on the fact that the man is and should be a Hall of Fame legend)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Hulk Hogan

And a very close runner up would be El Gigante (Giant Gonzales)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Most of those big macho guys running around today like Tyson Tomko.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

At least people like Tomko are actually well toned athletes. Go back pre attitude era, and you'll see a whole pile of dross, namely Bastion Booger, one man gang etc.

But I'd have to go with Hogan! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Repo Man was pretty stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Scott steiner. How did he not kill somebody with those suplexes?? Oh.....and that purple thong at royal rumble 2003 against HHH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

that guy with all the muscles, what was his name?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I've heard of a Dublin wrestler nicknamed Canvas George.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

I've heard of a Dublin wrestler nicknamed Canvas George.

LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I'd say Blake "Gonzo" Norton but he's not really a wrestler yet. I guess it would have to be John Cena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

FX Meister wrote:
    I'd say Blake "Gonzo" Norton but he's not really a wrestler yet. I guess it would have to be John Cena.

But Cena has a proper haircut....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

David Arquette anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

i think it goes with out saying , mick foley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

tuxy wrote:
    i think it goes with out saying , mick foley
    hmmm I think your looking for a reaction. I won't give you one. The worst wrestler I've seen in the WWE is Nathan Jones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Moogle

hmmm I think your looking for a reaction. I won't give you one. The worst wrestler I've seen in the WWE is Nathan Jones.

Did they not let him go ages ago?

As for worse wrestler I'd have to say it is a group of wrestlers I refer to as the Brock Lesnar type e.g. Batista, Nathan Jones... Big amount of muscle, small amount of charisma and no mike skills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Moogle wrote:
    I thought Nathan Jones left to pursue another career....something in computers....the guy's pretty damn smart apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

how about one of the mean street posse? rodney or pete gas .... they should probably bring them back as a stable for chavo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Moogle wrote:

As for worse wrestler I'd have to say it is a group of wrestlers I refer to as the Brock Lesnar type e.g. Batista, Nathan Jones... Big amount of muscle, small amount of charisma and no mike skills.

Theres a big difference between Nathan Jones and Brock Lesnar. A big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Big Show. What does he do? he's just big thats all. Also Cena he smells.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Big Show used to be able to wrestle especially during his time in wCw. 10 year contract and free pie from Vince screwed him up. (Vince screwed Show :D ).

Giant Gonzalez has to be in there with a shout for worst wrestler at least among those who have appeared in a WWE ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Tough Enough moron Maven

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 markhyland1

giant gonzales, john cena, the gobildy gooker, the goon, repo man, duke the dumpster. god i could go on forever

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

missing one major name for worst "wrestler" without doubt the rock. evidence look back when the excellence of execution bret hart locked in the sharpshooter two hands used locked proper and sat back with it nicely now watch any hopeless rock attempt at the sharpshooter. in saying that the worst ever sharpshooter had to be awarded to [for looks not application] owen hart on imitation kid something sensation [think it was justin ain't sure do]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I agree with Nathan Jones.. I remember seeing Nathan back in Pride FC (Japan's equivelent to UFC).. back in about '97 or '98. He was fighting a sumo wrestler that was about a foot or more shorter than him. Nathan got dismantled needless to say and started screaming like a little girl when the fat sumo wrestler got him in side control. It was hilarious.

Advertisement