Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dreamweaver navigation button problem

Options
  • 27-09-2005 2:15pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hi guys, im creating a website and init there is a 4-state button/navigation bar. I created the 4 different states but when I import it to dreamweaver (originally created in fireworks) using the insert fireworks html feature,the "down" state is not displaying correctly, when i click on the button it displays the down state for a split second before going back to the up/off state. I want the down state to stay visible untill the next button is pressed. I then tried to create the same navigation bar using dreamweavers navigation bar wizard and it just ended up doing the same thing, not displaying the down state permantly untill next button is pressed. any ideas where im going wrong? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Can you post a sample page or code that you are using?

The problem is that the down function is really only meant to indicate on a navigation bar what page/button you have clicked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭canker

do you goto a new page when the button is clicked? If you do then you will have to set the initial state of the button to be the down state on each perticular buttons page.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yeah I ended up making multiple copies of the same navigation bar and setting the initial state of a button to its down state on each corresponding page and it worked a treat:)

thanks for the help guys, cheers

Advertisement