Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jason Newstead

• 27-09-2005 2:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

"I still play music for the same reasons as when I first started; for the energy,the feeling, the interaction with others. Not for the money, ego or greed."-Jason Newsted

Does anyone know what he's doing at the moment? Ive always wanted to see him play?

Is he still with Osbourne or did he move on? Are Voivod ever coming to Ireland, and is he still with them?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

He was only with Ozzy for one tour and seeing as the guitarist from Voivod died recently, I doubt he's still touring with them. Don't know if they're replacing the guitarist but I doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I imagine Voivod will release the demos they made for the album, they were supposedly pretty complete, according to Newsted himself. I can't see them touring though. Since Piggy only died a few weeks ago, I doubt any of them has anything concrete planned for the future.

Newsted releases stuff on his own label, Chophouse Records, which is probably the best place to keep track of what he's up to. He has cd's with little projects with the likes of Sepultura, Exodus etc

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Just a quick one on the whole Voivod thing Newstead didn't attend Piggy's funeral. I wish he would go back to Metallica.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

"Jason was asked by Piggy's father to retreive one of Piggy's Born to Rock guitars which was stored at Jason's rehearsal space at his ranch in Montana. He reportedly travelled for 15 hours and ended up unable to return to Jonquière, Qc in time for the ceremonies.

The guys in Voivod are good-hearted, down to earth guys. That being said, Jason and Piggy were friends and I know he would have wanted to be there."

I found the above on Blabbermouth.

I have been a fan of Jason a long time and loved Echobrain's self titled album.

Metallica turned to shyte when he left so I dont see why he should go back, and thats no disrespect to Rob Trujillo(great bassist but preferred him with Suicidal/Infectious)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Ahh Metallica had disappeared long before he left. Still, during Metallica's darkest days he was guesting on Sepultura and Voivod (long before he actually joined them) albums and doing side projects with Devin Townsend and the guys from Exodus. Voivod will complete the last album, apparantly Piggy left instructions just hours before he slipped into the coma that his guitar parts were on his computer.

• Advertisement

Jason Newstead
    good bassman, bad constipation

look at the expression on his face in nearly every metallica photo from the nineties
    that man needs to take a ****e :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭veryslowey

Jason Newstead
    good bassman, bad constipation

look at the expression on his face in nearly every metallica photo from the nineties
    that man needs to take a ****e :(
    no he doesnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

I dont tink the little gotee thing that he has adds to his expression!!!What exactly happened to piggy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

piggy died of cancer last month.

Advertisement