Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Csm Question

• 27-09-2005 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

what would be a good project for CSM Yr3

and what did people do before

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

seamus you bum :D

i like the fact that it was only 8 minutes after you were asked to hand it up, that you thought to ask for help here. very organised ;)

(ps. it was due in 27 hours ago)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

do you have nothing better to do than destroy other peoples threads

unlike you i will be puting serious thinking into what i will be doing

and wont be jumping to do the first thing i think off

you should be banned from this forum for such a remark like that
    seamus you bum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭ali.g

you ginger tosser :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

csm3, thats where everybody does a ecommerce site using sql and asp... forum, member messanging, login registration facilities... I heard that's what everyone does anyways.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

im in college.....of course i've noting better to do. and i wont get banned for that. you didnt get banned for saying you like hairy nipples a while back, and thats much worse :D

and as for the ginger remark, i agree. we are a plague on this earth that must be exterminated. but you dont have to point it out :(

and as for the project, and me not doing enough thinking, the at least mine is different to the usual websites/servers etc.....so go suck it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

in terms of a website you can do anything you want. you just need to be able to add, update and delete to and from a database. everyone will come out with all these wild ideas about extra's that will be on their site. but really alot of people struggle to do the three basic operations without errors.

so just focus on add, update and delete first and foremost. when you get these done you can start to add some extra mark grabbers. you might as well pick a subject that you are interested in. although you wont be marked for content it makes a site look a whole lot better if you can generate some.

most people will use asp and access. which is fine but if you go the extra mile and learn something new by yourself the lecturers will really appreciate it. i used php and mysql. i found it a lot easier than asp and access. i used the book below to learn it and it was very good. three of us used this last year and the lowest we got was 84% in project. shamo fluked a 94% too!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0321336577/qid=1127841997/sr=8-7/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i7_xgl/202-4829006-7892663

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement