Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fix a Playstation 2

• 27-09-2005 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Anyone know where to go to get Playstation fixed. Ive read all the crap on the net about doing it yourself, and I even opened one of my PS2's, but Im not really arsed. I just wanna drop it in and pick it up fixed. Its probably a Laser head problem, I know all this!!! So I dont want replies telling me to open it up, blow the laser etc, not interested. Just a place in Dublin to get it fixed!!

There is money to be made :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

any store that sells them can get your ps2 fixed. stores like game, gamestop and software zone usually have some fixed ps2's there, they just take yours and ship it to sony and give you a fixed one. it's about €100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 diymcguyver

If it's a slimline
    <Give it a descent burial>
    It will cost you minimum 100 yo-yo's for repair which will only last months.
    Take the hit and by a new one 160 yo-yo's
    P.S. Better deals on Ebay if you can wait for shipping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

As diymcguyver said, forget about it. Don't buy a PS2 unless you're prepared to buy another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭juanjo

Talbot street, near connolly station. there's a shop for second hand stuff (books, movies and games) there's a guy there who does repairs. A friend of mine replaced the the ac internal adaptor for his xbox. 50euro including the adaptor.

Lenses in ps2's disc readers are shyte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dickdoran

Is this really the story with slimline ps2 ? Mine has gone down with disk read error . If a new one can be got for €145 ish and a repair costs a substantial proportion of this is there any point? I expected more of a brand leader than 15 months, should I cut losses on games and go for an xbox or is that riddled with hardware bugs as well ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭juanjo

as i said, ps2 are shyte when it comes to durability. i was ps1 fan and i flicked to xbox (bigger but hell of a console) cos of 2 of them with lens problems. lenses are around 50 in the internet, fyi.

Advertisement