Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday for 11yr old

Options
  • 27-09-2005 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

Basically as a single father, I am at a loose end as to how my daughter should celebrate her b-day.

She will be having a party at her mothers with her school friends, etc, but when she comes to see me, its usually just myself and her, as there are no children around her age where I live.

Does anyone have any unique ideas, hell any ideas as to what we could do - would like to do something memorable for her (I am planning on a Ski holiday when she turns 13 - but thats years away)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Ask her ?

Honestly that may be a good idea.
    You could go on a day trip to some place that she had not been before.
    And then why not as she is 11 and starting to grow up take her out to dinner.
    early evening dining some where nice, not a fast food place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

How are things with her mum. Can you attend the party. Other than that ask her and do what she wants to do.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Wex1

Thaed's dinner idea sounds great, make it a really nice place with really nice service... kids that age love being treated to this. If you've got a present, give it to her at the table, just make it memorable.... and different - a new experience.

I'd ask her if she minded you coming to her party at her mom's if i was you, even if the mom agrees, and you might be a bit dissappointed - I gave up asking relatives and god-parents to these type of parties, cause when the friends are there the adults tend to get fairly ignored. Nothing personal but their friends are very important to them at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Well I was doing the dinner thingy already - as that is one thing she already loves doing. BUt thanks to Thaed - I managed to come up with a few things to do the day of her birthday - and they are unique :)

Advertisement