Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haunted ucd

Options
  • 27-09-2005 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyones ever had any spooky encounters in ucd?When i lived in roebuck in first year the ra told us that it used to be a maternity home and that some nights you can hear babies crying!I didnt sleep at all in first year after hearing that.Since ucd is such an old place and all and has so much history attached to it there must be some myths-like a ghost haunting the arts bloke?(and im not talking bout bonless!) :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

'Twas a cold November evening and I had just returned from a boxing session. I had remembered that the L&H folks were holding some meeting in the Arts Block so I thought I'd kill some time by popping in for it.

There wasn't a soul about the place as I headed into the Arts block. I suddenly felt an eerie chill down my spine...my stomach was in knots. I came to the right lecture hall...the room was dark...should I go in I asked myself?

I began to perspire. My hands were clammy. I grew more and more afraid...I pulled open the door...I peered in..and...I was met with several bright orange faces staring back at me! Brighter than the flames of the Sun!

I screamed and ran out of the building. I'm guessing they were goblins of some kind...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Old? UCD only moved to the belfield campus in the 50s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

Syth wrote:
    Old? UCD only moved to the belfield campus in the 50s.

I wonder if there was oompa loompas back in the 50s!

The amunt of ghost stories in TCD is unreal I'm sure... :eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

that would actually require imagination. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Classic. Terrified of the hobos on campus. Ask one of them if anything has happened. They are here more than us

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭patzer117

'...I peered in..and...I was met with several bright orange faces staring back at me! Brighter than the flames of the Sun!

I screamed and ran out of the building. I'm guessing they were goblins of some kind...'

That was actually just a group of Mounties from Dance Soc. Their fake tan glows in the dark and makes them look like Oompa Loompas. They are very scary though and could easily be mistaken for Goblins...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

panda100 wrote:
    Just wondering if anyones ever had any spooky encounters in ucd?When i lived in roebuck in first year the ra told us that it used to be a maternity home and that some nights you can hear babies crying!I didnt sleep at all in first year after hearing that.Since ucd is such an old place and all and has so much history attached to it there must be some myths-like a ghost haunting the arts bloke?(and im not talking bout bonless!) :D

BOOO!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

Haven’t had any encounters myself, but mates I know said they did, and they sounded true! >Forget what the stories where about! Thank god, don't want nightmares...if you know what i mean.

Advertisement