Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some help coming out...

Options
  • 27-09-2005 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was wondering if I could trouble you for some advice.

basically, I'm not gay, but I'm certainly bi..I think. And I want people to know so I can do what I want when I'm out for the night. The trouble is, I'm in sort of a macho-man group of friends. It makes telling people I like men very difficult. I've had a few 3somes (boy-boy-girl) and enjoyed them and I want to try other things.

How would you approach this with your mates?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Don't try to define what you are, it doesn't help. I don't know how able you will be to do what you want on a night out, even if your mates know, care to go into more detail to what you mean? with regards being in a macho group of mates, two the guys that went paintballing this weekend post regulary on this forum, and I organised it. Machoness doesn't really mean **** when if comes to this issue.

I'd approach it like it didn't really matter. Worked well for moi.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Try not to make a big deal about it or get worried (unduly) about it. There shouldn't be an issue about coming out in the sense that people don't have to know about it. No-one advertises their sexuality (usually:)). If someone asks if you are bi or whatever then be honest. I wouldn't care about anyone who had a problem as they are a waste of your time.

On the other hand, if you are stressing out about it or have difficulties along the lines of fancying friends or liking someone while going out with someone else etc. then it's probably a good idea to confide in a trustworthy friend or a counsellor even.

As for the specific problem you have, I found through experience that if you must tell your mates then tell them one by one and at a good moment (you know yourself).

A question: are you in a relationship at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Guys/gals...this thread should never have been started...someone acxcessed my account whilst it was logged on and obviously thought it would be funny to post this....sorry..

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

That'll learn ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Burn!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 largewang

walshb wrote:
    Guys/gals...this thread should never have been started...someone acxcessed my account whilst it was logged on and obviously thought it would be funny to post this....sorry..
    listen you dont have to be ashamed of who you are mate...
    if you like the meat and two veg its ok just be yourself.

Advertisement