Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Static IP w/ Eircom

Options
  • 27-09-2005 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

hey everyone,

I want to get a static IP from eircom, but I don't want to pay the €50 to get it. Is there some type of sobb story I can tell them to get it for free? The site I'm running is a personal site and will only have a minimal of traffic.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

helios wrote:
    hey everyone,

I want to get a static IP from eircom, but I don't want to pay the €50 to get it. Is there some type of sobb story I can tell them to get it for free? The site I'm running is a personal site and will only have a minimal of traffic.

thanks

buhahahahaha. Oh man thats funny.

You will never get ANYTHING from eircom for free EVER. It doesn't matter if your cat just died and you want to open a tribute site to it hosted on your pc.

The only thing you'll ever get from eircom is a bill.

So my advice?

Pay the €50 or spend it on hosting in some company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Yogiincork

helios wrote:

Why don't you try DynDNS? You will still have a dynamic IP but it can be reachable under a fixed URL. You just need to install a DynDNS updater on your computer so that the current IP is forwarded to DynDNS.
    Sounds complicated but is actually fairly easy.

See DynDNS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

dont pay for a static ip address if it is only for hosting a website as you can get a webhost for that price check out hosting365.ie for 59.95 euro or 50 euro (30 euro now special offer at the moment) with blacknight.ie !!!!

Advertisement