Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating an Online RPG??

Options
  • 27-09-2005 5:35pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭

ok, so im doing a project for college, and im trying to create an online, text based, rpg, similar (but no where near as indepth) as Knights of Noble (http://www.konoblemen.net) or other text based online rpg's.

now, its a long term project (i.e till March) so i have plenty of time to do it, but im trying to find some basic information about starting it up.

the plan was to have a number of databases for each user, with stats/weapons/exp etc... and when people fight each other, a basic set of rules would compare the stats of opposing players, and pick a winner.

i'll have a website, which will be the UI, with some commands like attack, train, buy etc...

we need some ASP/SQL code in it, which i have some knowledge of, so im just looking for a basic tutorial, to get me started in the right direction. i'm in the preocess of searcing for some stuff, but if anyone knows some links/sites etc... i'd be grateful.

ps. i'm not even 100% sure if this is the right place for this...

Comments

Advertisement