Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Netopia 3341 DSL Modem firmware problems

• 27-09-2005 6:01pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok i updated the firmware foolish of me and now cant acess programs like msn messenger & various games after forwarding the ports or pinholes as they call them can i reset the firmware? or will i buy a new one or say to Eircom mine is broke and send me out a Pre Eircom Crappy Firmware one?

Many Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Rang them up & turns out my firmware(7.5.0) isnt even released or in beta testing yet! its basically a eircom branded system now, no familiar netopia menus to be found dont click auto update!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

The new firmware actually adds some nice new features such as QoS (bandwidth management) and VLAN support - great if you have multiple people using the same connection!

If you're having trouble with port forwarding, try turning off the firewall which is on by default. The firewall option won't appear in "expert mode", so set it in "basic mode". Then, go back into "expert mode", click configure, then advanced, then NAT and set your port forwarding options there.

Also, the firmware doesn't appear to be beta - I wouldn't put too much faith in what Eircom tech. support tell you.

- Neil

Advertisement