Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many points.....

Options
  • 27-09-2005 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

are you aiming for? I know its not even October yet but Im nosy! :D Id be delighted with over 500 but Im trying to work towards higher-it motivates me and keeps me from daydreaming too much.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭tripper

Id love anything over 450 but if i got below that i would be disapointed and the most i can get is 560 (2 pass subjects). Oh god no, why am i thinkin about points already, if i get into what i want ill be happy *goes to search for courses that are less then 100 points*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Aiming for about 550.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Paul_D

dr.barbie wrote:
    are you aiming for? I know its not even October yet but Im nosy! :D Id be delighted with over 500 but Im trying to work towards higher-it motivates me and keeps me from daydreaming too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Wow ye're a smart lot aren't ye?! I'm aiming for around 450, need 445 to do Communications in DCU! I'm doing all honours except for maths, need to get grinds for irish and french though... not looking forward to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

500ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i need minimum of 525 so aiming for around 540 just to be sure

i need minimum of 525 so aiming for around 540 just to be sure

What course you going for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

only in 5th year now, want 590 or 600. if things dont go as i expect ill be happy enough with about 550.

CrimE wrote:
    What course you going for?
    law with french law in ucd hopefully!!!

• Advertisement

Fair play, im hoping to go to ucd too so hopefully see you there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

amacachi wrote:
    ill be happy enough with about 550.

hmmm.. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

God I didn't know what I wanted to do till the 31st jan!

Leaving is a lot easier than its made out 2 be!
    Just do the work and you'll be grand

Chances are you'll get your first choice, I did comfortably...but am paying the price of doing nothin last yr and repeating first yr :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

You are all aiming high, I can only get 520 max but im only hoping for 350 points.

Yeah true there does seem to be alot oh high points appearing but its best to aim high and be ambitious.

anyone else planning on going to ucd???

yeah people all seem to be wanting high points! It's kinda a good thing...tho it does mean a lot more competition!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

competition? in what way exactly?

My first choice is either UCD or Limerick, I'm not sure yet. Probably UCD because I really want to study for a semester or so in America

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

oh my god i feel so dumb compared to all of you aiming for 450-600, i mean id love to get that much but im aiming for about 350+ for some course in business studies or account, might still change my mind but i mean you guys musn't get out much if your aiming for 450+....

I get out plenty actually. Isnt really that hard tbh to get 450+ if you are genuinely willing to put the work in.

• Advertisement

Shrimp wrote:
    competition? in what way exactly?
    like for different places in colleges and stuff!! an examiners have a quota of the amount of A's and B's and stuff that they are allowed to give out too...which i honestly think is BS!

like for different places in colleges and stuff!! an examiners have a quota of the amount of A's and B's and stuff that they are allowed to give out too...which i honestly think is BS!

Yeah! Thats is absolute crap. :mad:

My english teacher keeps saying that to us. Hes an examiner too and he says that before he even corrects any of the scripts he knows how many A's he is going to give out and he is the fairest man ever.

Its absolutely ridiculous isn't it? But if you do well enough, you deserve an A no matter what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Guys ahhh I dont think ill get my points :( I twisted my ankle and have missed out on two days of school - that is a lot! I need 555 (yeh right) will settle for over 450......i hope im not aiming to high!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

ive taken 2 sick days off already, i get sick alot ^^ :rolleyes:

d4gurl wrote:
    Guys ahhh I dont think ill get my points :( I twisted my ankle and have missed out on two days of school - that is a lot! I need 555 (yeh right) will settle for over 450......i hope im not aiming to high!
    its only 2 days tho...u can still go over stuff at home!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Yes but t.v. and the internet and sleeping have all taken over! I have to take tomorrow of too!! Ahhh I hate missing school! I'll try and do some work tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Im not aiming for points as i wont need them.But id be happy with 300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Last year I only missed 2 days of school in the hole year, and this year I have not missed one day yet. I was ment to be going to Cyprus on monday for 2 weeks but I pulled out of going because I felt that I would miss too much school.

• Advertisement

I'm going to Australia for 3 weeks after Christmas, I'll be missing one or two weeks of school, but the holiday will be worth it

Advertisement