Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many points.....

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

aiming for 600 obviously. Need 540 + as my course goes up by 5-10 points every year so I really need about 560....barely hit 300 in my Leaving last year so it's a big ask...but I've seen what people can do....my mate didn't do any work in 5th year but worked his ass off from day one in 6th years and came out with 540. Whoever says you'll tire yourself out from putting shed loads of work in from the start is wrong. Balance yourself right and you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

is it not that they just adjust the marking scheme based on how many A's etc theyre getting from the first batch? like, if everyones doing too well they mark harder, and vice versa.

i think thats sorta more fair, if the exam is too easy and youre not marked harder, you dont really deserve the A, no?

anyways, i need 505 i think, id be frickin ecstatic with hat, but my 2nd choice course is 380, and i would be equally happy with that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭How U Like That

aiming for 430-470. hopefully going to UCD or UCG!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

i'd luv to get 400, but 380 will do the job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

im aiming for 450ish *fingers crossed!*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Aiming for UCD TheoPhys, been around 430/440 for the past few years. Would love to get 550 though, that'd get me a scholarship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Aiming for 600. I want to do medicine, I would love to get RCSI LC scholarship/Trinity...or, well, anywhere that I can do medicine tbh. I've applied to the UK aswell. Fingers crossed and all that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Aiming for 600. I want to do medicine, I would love to get RCSI LC scholarship/Trinity...or, well, anywhere that I can do medicine tbh. I've applied to the UK aswell. Fingers crossed and all that..
    wow i hope you get it! good luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

wow...... :D
    You can say that again:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

wow i hope you get it! good luck :D

Cheers, hopefully I will. Good luck to you too! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Yeah all the best to you, hope it all works out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Anto and Moe

I needs me summit' around 500 points, but 600 wouldn't go amis (not that I'm any where near such goals at the moment, but ya can always dream... untill the points come back to us and were like 'aw crap' but then again, with enough halucinagens...)

-We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Haedes1987

CrimE wrote:
    Yeah true there does seem to be alot oh high points appearing but its best to aim high and be ambitious.

Aim low and youll never be disappointed - Homer Simpson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Trying is the first step to failure... never try. :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭fearcruach

550 or so would be sweet but 500 would suffice. And if i don't get that i've got science down as well.

i'm actually starting to believe that my goals are achievable!!!! :D this is great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

The course I want to do is 310, needs a B2 in Maths, so if I dont get that I head to Cork only needing 300 points.

Im fairly sorted, and well able to get about 450 by just doing minimum study..but the mocks will sort me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

i aimed too high points wise, (505) got 410; luckily im happy in my second choice (which was only 270!)..my advice is to make sure there's an alternative course u wouldnt mind doin, so that u dont have to repeat..there is such a wide range of course these days, cant believe its 3 years since i was in your position!!

best of luck to everyone anyway ;)
    *cailin*
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Taffy89

I,m hoping to get around 515 coz thats what i need but tbh i think all i'll get a most is late 400's..Better start studying..i,m in 5th yr at the moment and should be doing Macbeth homework!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I got 435, looking back I should really have gotten over 500. God damn I'm so lazy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭dr zoidberg

anyone else planning on going to ucd???

yeah people all seem to be wanting high points! It's kinda a good thing...tho it does mean a lot more competition!!
    I think what is meant is that the more people who get high points, the higher the points will go for college courses. The points are based on demand after all, not some predetermined number that you have to reach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I'm aiming for around 410 points. I The course I want is 350/370 so I'm not gonna puch myself for 600.

yea your right, BUT dont be too laid back in sayin ah i dont need this / that.. r u doin hons? you'll be pretty guaranteed if you are?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Just don't sit back and say blah I'll get the points, because you might get stung. One of my friends thought she'd only need 370 points for her course because it had been around that for a few years, but it took a jump to 500 this year

^^ wow :eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Yeah she wasn't that happy but luckily she'd got in the high 400s and she got in on the third round offers

that was lucky, cos she coulda esily missed out. god cant believe the stark jump in point requirements

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

What course was it? I'm just curious, I wouldn't think I'm the only one either.

i was just gonna ask that!

• Advertisement

caesar wrote:
    What course was it? I'm just curious, I wouldn't think I'm the only one either.
    i wanna know too :D

Advertisement