Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many points.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

That happened Architecture in UCD a few years ago, albeit only a 20 point jump. It's gone up at least 5 points every year for years now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

my course requirement went down by 15, cos there wasnt much demand, for the french option, i had 160 points 'left over' :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭RagShagBill

I need around 510; History and English in Trinity. But I can fall back on pure History which was 470 last year. If I don't get that, it's UCD Arts, which I'm not hugely enthusiastic about.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

caesar wrote:
    What course was it? I'm just curious, I wouldn't think I'm the only one either.
    Music in Trinity, I think it dropped to 480 or so and she got in, but she was raging at first when she checked her offers and found she'd been offered Arts in UCD. She was real lucky it dropped! But yes kids, points can go from 370 to 500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

im not aiming for notin..ill get what i get...i dont need much because im only headin to an institute of tech..so ill be happy with anything over 250 ..no point in studyin that much to get anything over 450 like most of yous..yous are wasting the last years of your child life when your able to do anything ..when you go to college you wont be able to do any of that anymore..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

iggyman wrote:
    im not aiming for notin..

double negative...!!! :eek:
    that means you are aiming for something
    iggyman wrote:
    ill be happy with anything over 250 ..

therefore you are aiming for something
    iggyman wrote:
    yous are wasting the last years of your child life when your able to do anything ..when you go to college you wont be able to do any of that anymore..

I don't think any of us are wasting our time thank you very much! And what exactly won't we be able to do anymore? I don't plan on changing so much of my life when I go to college...i'll be able to do much more, IMO anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Haha well said abercrombie!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

iggyman wrote:
    im not aiming for notin..ill get what i get...i dont need much because im only headin to an institute of tech..so ill be happy with anything over 250 ..no point in studyin that much to get anything over 450 like most of yous..yous are wasting the last years of your child life when your able to do anything ..when you go to college you wont be able to do any of that anymore..

rofl. Great post. Post of the year in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

"There is a time and a place for everything, its called college"
    ^
    I remember reading that somewhere before, I think its good, anyone else?

double negative...!!!
    that means you are aiming for something

that is just being pure gay your talking about maths or english or something ..why ya doing that ..u aint supposed to talk about **** like that until your a proper adult..people our age dont talk like that..
    therefore you are aiming for something

no im not i said ill be happy with it i never said im gonna try get it ..but if i do ill be happy..but its not my aim
    I don't think any of us are wasting our time thank you very much! And what exactly won't we be able to do anymore? I don't plan on changing so much of my life when I go to college...i'll be able to do much more, IMO anyway!

well youll wanna think again...alot of stuff..ya see you dont plan on changing your hole life because you dont have one..think about it..your studying now for leaving..and when your gone to college your still studyin so exactly your not gonna change your life..but thats not a good thing..i know i wont be able to do the things i do now when i go to a college or something so why ruin your last year..and wat will you be able to do more..?study..

• Advertisement

iggyman wrote:
    that is just being pure gay your talking about maths or english or something ..why ya doing that ..u aint supposed to talk about **** like that until your a proper adult..people our age dont talk like that..
    Maths, English wtf are you on about.

iggyman wrote:
    well youll wanna think again...alot of stuff..ya see you dont plan on changing your hole life because you dont have one..think about it..your studying now for leaving..and when your gone to college your still studyin so exactly your not gonna change your life..but thats not a good thing..i know i wont be able to do the things i do now when i go to a college or something so why ruin your last year..and wat will you be able to do more..?study..
    How do you know that she has no life?
    Again what things can you do now but can't do when you go to college?

I was going to go on a big rant but now I couldn't be bothered, so I think I'll let someone else do that.

iggyman wrote:
    well youll wanna think again...alot of stuff..ya see you dont plan on changing your hole life because you dont have one..

i don't plan on changing my life because i don't see the point! It's only college...they're supposed to be the best days of your life and I intend to make sure they are! and i do have a life actually

iggyman wrote:
    think about it..your studying now for leaving..and when your gone to college your still studyin so exactly your not gonna change your life..but thats not a good thing..

i haven't started major studying yet fyi...right now i'm just doing homework and studying for tests! and yeah of course i'm going to study in college...i want to get the best degree i can! i'm a high achiever and I push myself...but i do so in moderation. i'm not going to turn into one of those people who study for like 10 hours on saturday AND sunday...no way! I'm usually out during the weekend anyway. I do all my homework on friday so i have the weekend to relax
    iggyman wrote:
    i know i wont be able to do the things i do now when i go to a college or something so why ruin your last year..and wat will you be able to do more..?study..

i don't think that i'm ruining my last year by studying at all. The LC is important to me and i'm going to get the best results i can get. Think about it, you're not going to be in lectures all day like you are in classes all day in secondary school! You're going to have more freedom to do what you like...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭ratboy

there's no such thing as a high achiever who pushes himself/herself in moderation. The real high achievers push themselves all the time.

ratboy wrote:
    there's no such thing as a high achiever who pushes himself/herself in moderation. The real high achievers push themselves all the time.
    I think she meant that she is a person who works hard to achieve her goals but pushes herself moderation.

ratboy wrote:
    what i meant was i'm not going to be studying the whole time for the leaving. i'm focused all the time and i know what i have to do, but i'm not going to be spending my friday and saturday's stuck indoors. Plus i'm involved in a lot of other things too and i'm not going to give up my life for one year...

anyways...back to the point of this thread!

that she has no life?

Sorry, I wasn't aware that you were a young lady.It is satisfactory for young ladies to do sufficient study. Such is life. I was under the impression that you were a male.I didn't mean to call you a homosexual.

And I am very displeased with you Caesar. Please stop talking. You are most surely of male origin unless blah blah blah.

Also Mr Moderator, can i please have a ban from this lovely forum as i am clearly not capable of normal conversation?

iggyman wrote:
    sorry didnt know you were a youngone...its alri for youngones to study as much as they want cause thats the way it is..i tought you were a fella...didnt mean ta call ya gay..

a fella with a pic of the little mermaid??? :rolleyes: however i accept your apology!!

i didnt spot that..sorry..i know i should of...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

iggyman wrote:
    sorry didnt know you were a youngone...its alri for youngones to study as much as they want cause thats the way it is..i tought you were a fella...didnt mean ta call ya gay..

and as for you caesar..shut the **** up ya tic..your definetly a fella unless your a youngone that loves cars gaelic and **** like that which would make ya a man beast...anyway ..your the real gay here ..ya little queer with a lord of the rings ring as ur avater ..fagget!!

banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Seriously what an absolutle gobshíte. Doesnt deserve to have his posts read, utter crap.

Good luck in the lc im sure you'll do great... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

CrimE wrote:
    Seriously what an absolutle gobshíte. Doesnt deserve to have his posts read, utter crap.

Good luck in the lc im sure you'll do great... :rolleyes:
    i second that opinion

I don't get it, why was I called gay. All I did was ask him what he was on about and how he knows that abercrombie has no life. And as for me having an interest in cars and stuff, so what, I'm not one of those boyracer types, I just have an interest in cars, big deal. I'm just really pissed off at the moment.:mad:

P.S I don't have an interest in lord of the rings and I can't remember why I picked that avatar. If it makes me seem gay, I'll change it.

don't change it caesar...it's you!! it doesn't make you seem gay. He called me a "young one" so i'm thinking he's either not a LCer at all or just trying to boost his ego! don't mind him anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

caesar wrote:
    I don't get it, why was I called gay. All I did was ask him what he was on about and how he knows that abercrombie has no life. And as for me having an interest in cars and stuff, so what, I'm not one of those boyracer types, I just have an interest in cars, big deal. I'm just really pissed off at the moment.:mad:

P.S I don't have an interest in lord of the rings and I can't remember why I picked that avatar. If it makes me seem gay, I'll change it.
    Jaysis, got to get a thicker skin than that to be on boards! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Who was that absolute monstrosity of a person!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Anyway, at the moment I'm aiming for actuarial and finance in UCD so I'm gonna need about 560-590 points.If I don't get it I'll probably go for commerce or BESS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

I'm aiming for 600, there's nothing wrong with aiming high!
    I'm doing 2hrs supervised study 4 days a week and about 3 hrs over the weekend so if I keep that up hopefully I'll at least come close to the 600!

Faerie wrote:
    I'm aiming for 600, there's nothing wrong with aiming high!
    I'm doing 2hrs supervised study 4 days a week and about 3 hrs over the weekend so if I keep that up hopefully I'll at least come close to the 600!
    but do you actually study or just do your homework??? just curious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Well if I get my homework done, then I study. Aren't they the same thing though? My guidance teacher keeps telling me I need to do an extra hour than that each day to get the points but I don't see why I should do all that work when I don't really need the points!

• Advertisement

to me they're not the same thing because i don't really take my homework seriously (even though i know i should)...study for me is completely different! But that's just me...i think that mayb you should start to do more maybe after christmas or maybe even after the mocks...that should be ok!

Advertisement