Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaints about BT

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Having read the posts about BT around here, it was with a sense of trepidation that I ordered my BT broadband last Sunday night (its still the best value for my requirements). After I ordered, I realised that I hadn't ordered my line rental as well, so I called them on Monday morning. No problem, we'll add that to your package.

Checked my e-mail on Monday evening - 2 e-mails from BT confirming that the 2 services had been ordered. So far, so good.

Then on Tuesday of this week, 9 days after order, I got a mail to say that my BB order had been completed. Wasn't quite sure what that meant but took it to be positive. Was away on Wednesday when my BB modem arrived but unpacked it when I came home earlier today. Tried to set it up and had the wrong username and password (hey it was late when I chose them). Rang the nice man who quickly corrected my username but was unable to tell me the password, as it wasn't available to him (I'd have to dial into their website to reset it). Luckily, by process of elimination, I got that too and I'm now connected using the BT modem. All I've left to do is set up the wireless modem I bought a couple of weeks ago.

For those who've had problems with BT, hopefully this is an indication that things are improving (granted I haven't received a bill yet!) For those who are thinking of it, maybe its an indication that they are still worth considering.

Advertisement