Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What video settings with this PC in BF2?.

Options
  • 27-09-2005 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

This is my set up: Lanparty nf4 ultra D Motherboard
    1 Gig G skill 400mhz ram
    78OOGTX Graphics card

What settings would you recommend for ultimate preformance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Full everything with a card like that, you nitwit! :D

Unless for some reason beyond my comprehension you have a crap processor...which I doubt given the rest of the parts.

My card couldnt wipe the 7800s arse and I still play at practically max settings

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭f1refox

I am well aware I can put all settings to full :rolleyes: . What about Anti-aliasing?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

640x480@60hz - 256 colour mode to be on the safe side.

how about you just whack everything up full and find out if it runs?
    course you wouldn't get an ego massage that way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

f1refox wrote:
    I am well aware I can put all settings to full :rolleyes: . What about Anti-aliasing?.

No, you might damage your eh.....floppy drive. Best be on the safe side as Tman said, the 7800 is a decent card, but its no intel integrated ultra chip

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

MI, you dont get his point.
    He *has* tried it out on max settings.
    But as tmoneh said, he wants an ego-massage. :)

tbh. I have a 9600 and 512 megs of ram.(ie- basic to mid specced for gaming. My machine is basically a fileserver) I run the game just fine on medium settings, but that means nothing to me. Skill and/or tactics and gaming ability are what counts at the end of the day.

I'm more impressed with the likes of [insert good players name here] being able to whip my ass and play as a squad/team, rather than that guy in the corner with the 2 gigs of ram and the 7800's in SLI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Only n00bs still use 1 gig of ram. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

again. Might I refer you to the above where I state that skill > fast computer

Advertisement