Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working 2.0 to 1.50 downgrader out ....supposedly ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

It does work perfectly well on all JAP/US/EUR 2.0 PSP's

It uses the toc2rta exploit in order to trick the psp into allowing you to "update" itself to 1.5. Using the toc2rta image exploit it will give you a screen with just some numbers on it, remove the battery and start up your psp. Then go into Games\Memory Stick and run the v1.5 update. It will update your system as far as 99% before giving you an error. Once you get the error, remove the battery and start up your psp again. Then, you just go through the normal setup menu and your psp is at v1.5 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

This is ok. I used it last night. It works.

Also Placebo - I've the fastloaderv8 (ie UMD Emulator) with MetalGearAcid and Virtua Tennis - both work perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i havent done it yet, il do it tonight
    some steps here
    http://completegamingdirectory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13

best you follow the original txt file though !

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Just goes to show you nothings impossible :)

As a side note, in terms of locating homebrew and relevent software, will the discussions be allowed and info given, or will it be a strict no no. Speaking as somebody who hasn't tried it, and would like to ask, but also not wanting to annoy master amp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

delly wrote:
    Just goes to show you nothings impossible :)

As a side note, in terms of locating homebrew and relevent software, will the discussions be allowed and info given, or will it be a strict no no. Speaking as somebody who hasn't tried it, and would like to ask, but also not wanting to annoy master amp.

I'd also fall in to this category, can we discuss this stuff, there's loads I need to know about homebrew

• Advertisement

i think emulation is bit of a grey area.
    http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=14568

^compatibility list for SNES emu.
    Only one i want would be supermario world 2 , since it runs perfectly, amongst a few. Alot of problems with others, emulation scene is far from perfect, snes emulation being at the top of the ladder [not sure about genesis]

some homebrew stuff is intresting, like text readers etc so its still all good.
    not to mention the umd loader.s. haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

and of course file managers...anyone know if there is a program that does zip archives on the psp???

Right, so I have the three different things I need, downgrader, eboot, and the photo thingy, and I have a copy of the WAB version changer so I can still play Virtua Tennis and Burnout. I'll let yiz know how I get on in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Since european psps started at 1.52, what firmware have the ppl who downgraded used? or does it not matter which you pick from - US or japanese?

Im tempted to upgrade to 2.00 and check out the browser but dont think its worth the hassle. Also i saw on forums that ppl have said the browser didnt work for them when to downgraded and upgraded back to 2.00, its more than likely BS seeing as all these forums are infested with 10 yr old americans. Anyone try it?

Lads the weirdest thing happened to me when i did the downgrade. I put the buffer overflow in my photo directory, crashed the psp, checked my version when I switched it back on. It was running on 1.0. Then went to boot up the 1.5 but my file was corrupt. So I tried the 1.5 updater on Lumines, and it worked (exactly as it's described, psp seems to crash, press 0 to fix it.). I now have a completely working 1.5. I played Lumines on it a minute ago.

Burnout won't work unless I update again. I'll put the Wab version changer on it in a minute.

This is brilliant

• Advertisement

ok it worked for me, but after the jiberish showed up it asked wether i wanted to update my 1.00 to 1.52 ? i went with a NO. FYI any.

also umb emulator 8.0c works well, i tried untold legends

- i noticed after update, theres alot of jibberish on my card now, can i delete all this or can i delete the update files ?
    that tif file ?

also when i go to game and go to my mem card, i see a file "corrupt data file"

thats a small sacrafice for 1.50 homebrew ;) , ah u can get rid of the corrupt data icon by renaming the folders in a certain way (loads of spaces or something) and programs like pspbrew. Do a bit of searching and u'll find out what to do exactly ( i forget want exactly to do).

oh right, have u tried 2.,00 dumper ? need browser back.

trying this at the moment
    http://pspupdates.qj.net/2005/09/lua-psp-os-i-v015-released.html

If u want to browser the only thing u can do is upgrade again and then have no homebrew. Not possible to have the best of both worlds atm.

i thought there was a 2.00 firmware dumper for 1.5

just did it there and backed up 2 games using fast loader..works perfect this is unreal lads!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

Anyone know how to do this, I'm using UMD Loader 0.8 and it works great, except for the fact that I want to play Colin Mcrae Rally, it requires 1.52 though, Fastloader 0.7 worked good and let me boot to the UMD without updating to 1.52 and i could play perfectly, but I don't see an option to bypass the update and play on UMD Loader 0.8, is it there? As far as i know Mcrae is pretty large in size, reason for me not creating a backup iso as my memory card would probably be too small.

i believe you can use both versions of the falstloader

tried
    Lumine
    UntoldLegends
    Wipe out

all work with UMD emulator 0.8c

coded arms didnt, works with fast loader.
    Also tried Notepad for it, works well.

I think i had burnout in the UMD and it said it required 1.52, i think theres a hack for this , hacks for everything :)

maybe a sticky stating which games work with which emulators...backups of course none of this iso bootlegging ****e

• Advertisement

there's a sticky on maxconsole.

i don't think one would go down well here.

best compatibility list
    http://pspiso.nachtvuur.nl/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Actually lads, i think all this talk is pretty much against the charter so be warned.

Altho, i'm going to downgrade mine now and explore my options...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Downgraded successfully from 2.0 to 1.50 last night without any problems. I followed the instructions posted on pspupdates. Tried UMD loader V8.0 and looks to work fine. Now, must check out Mame next :)

TC

i don't think its against the charter if we are only chatting about backing up the games we own is it?? not ruffling any feathers just wondering??

jcoote wrote:
    i don't think its against the charter if we are only chatting about backing up the games we own is it?? not ruffling any feathers just wondering??

tbh, i don't think so but don't be suprised if amp takes a different viewpoint :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I only have a 32 mb card at the moment. would that fit homebrew & a snes game on it ?

Tusky wrote:
    I only have a 32 mb card at the moment. would that fit homebrew & a snes game on it ?

i got 1gb from shop4memory , for 112. Picked it up on same day and paid cash in hand,

the update it self is 13mb, im not sure if u can remove it after youre done ?
    unsure of how big the snes emulator is,m but youll be cutting it tight and might fit it in a game or 2 !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

have to say a psp is looking more and more tempting now! :)
    can you play divx movies off a memory card or do they need to be converted to some psp specific format?

• Advertisement

Scruff wrote:
    have to say a psp is looking more and more tempting now! :)
    can you play divx movies off a memory card or do they need to be converted to some psp specific format?

have to be converted to a psp format....which is basically a form of xvid. you can use psp video 9 to reencode

Advertisement