Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working 2.0 to 1.50 downgrader out ....supposedly ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i think you need to convert to mp4 ?!? not sure.
    does anyone know if its possible to change background on 1.50 without any rediculous firmware changing hack ? Firmware dumper 2.00 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Placebo wrote:
    i got 1gb from shop4memory , for 112. Picked it up on same day and paid cash in hand,

the update it self is 13mb, im not sure if u can remove it after youre done ?
    unsure of how big the snes emulator is,m but youll be cutting it tight and might fit it in a game or 2 !

where is shop4memory ? Im tempted to buy it from ebay but I would have to wait a whole weeeeek :(

shop4memory.co.uk

you can put your order in on the day and put payment down as cheque and pick it up, its located in celbridge, i work near it so drove down.
    give em a ring .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Tusky wrote:
    where is shop4memory ? Im tempted to buy it from ebay but I would have to wait a whole weeeeek :(

main st celbridge kildare

www.pcmu.co.uk

installation :

- Create a UPDATE folder in PSP/GAME/ folder of your memory stick
    - Copy EBOOT.PBP (update 1.50) in UPDATE folder
    - Unpack MPHDowngrader.zip
    - Copy overflow.tif in your PSP/PHOTO/ folder of your memory stick
    - Copy h.bin in root of your memory stick
    - Copy index.dat in root of your memory stick
    - Plug the AC adaptor

Then, enter in VSHELL PHOTO MENU, this will launch Version Changer.

Create an USB connection and if the Version Changer has been installed, a new file is created in your root of your memory stick (ms0:/index.dat.bak).

Then go to VSHELL GAME MENU and launch 1.50 update.

Follow the instructions ...

The installation will stop at 99% but it's normal, continue follow the instruction

When it is at 99%, the psp show an error message, just shutdown psp with power button (let +- ten seconds) after restart the psp and press round button at blue screen.

just about to try it now but not sure what this bit means?

Then, enter in VSHELL PHOTO MENU, this will launch Version Changer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

just go to the photo menu on your psp...vshell is the operating system on your psp

jcoote wrote:
    just go to the photo menu on your psp...vshell is the operating system on your psp

thought so.

but nothing happens

edit: ok something happened \o/

got some strange numbers in top left.

ah grand...updating 1.5. odd it didn't seem to freeze when i entered music the first few times and then worked as reported

yeah its a bit fiddley...mine did the 99% freezing thing...but is working spot on now :D

jcoote wrote:
    yeah its a bit fiddley...mine did the 99% freezing thing...but is working spot on now :D

it is indeedy....but hunky dory now. thanks for the aid:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

i cant get any of my backups to work, the fast loader loads and when i press X the memory light flickers and it goes back to the home screen like nothing happens, whats going on? please help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

SNES emulation rocks.

That is all :-)

joe316 wrote:
    i cant get any of my backups to work, the fast loader loads and when i press X the memory light flickers and it goes back to the home screen like nothing happens, whats going on? please help

have u dumped them to the memory stick yeah...they will be called 'my latest dump' by default

jcoote wrote:
    have u dumped them to the memory stick yeah...they will be called 'my latest dump' by default

ive just transferred them across from my pc to the psp to a folder called ISO in the root of the memory card, the loader sees them and gives me the option of loading them but when i do select one it just brings me back to the home screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

then you go to game ... umd and lo and behold its there.

i assume you are using v8 (umd emulator)?
    you need a umd to be in the drive (any umd)

joe316 wrote:
    ive just transferred them across from my pc to the psp to a folder called ISO in the root of the memory card, the loader sees them and gives me the option of loading them but when i do select one it just brings me back to the home screen

oh right so they aren't games u have yourself on umd...usually fastloader just dumps the games from umds itself and plays em...not too sure about isos straight from the pc..maybe try removing the .iso from the end of your file becuase the fastloader files don't have a file extension name...

example

rename 1.iso to simply 1

edit:u do need a umd in the drive...and some games need 1.52 to run so it depends on the game really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I've been using devhook as dont need a umd in the slot for it to work... seems to work well so far!

I love Everybodys Golf!

i have wipeout in the drive, sometimes that loads when i select a iso to load. would it be better to have the demo umd

yeah i use the demo disc ;)

used the demo disc now i get an error saying disc cannot be read

shouldnt even read the disc.,
    install ur emus again

• Advertisement

ive tried a few times now, the loaders ive used are 7.0, 8.0 and 8.0c, in 8.0c when i press x it ll load the demo disc

woot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Ye my import copy arrived yesterday :) , havent had much time to try it yet. Looks and plays great though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

anyone come across a snes emu that plays mario at full speed, i have the allstars rom and it only crawls along, i am using the snes9x port, cheers

snes9x plays mario world spot on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

I'm playing Supermario and using Snes9x I had to drop my processor speed to make it playably slow ;)

use Snes 9x and jump your processor to 333mhz

Cabelo wrote:
    I'm playing Supermario and using Snes9x I had to drop my processor speed to make it playably slow ;)

use Snes 9x and jump your processor to 333mhz

how much space does homebrew+snes9x+mario take up ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

Snes9x is the homebrew... Mario is only about a meg and Snes9x isn't even a meg. usually Snes roms will be 1mb or less. All stars is 1.5 and it's the biggest I've got. Good use of a 32mb card.

A lot of games react badly to widescreen (use the fit option on snes9x)

I'll be upgrading and then re-1.5ing tonight to watch a UMD movie. I'll report in tomorrow.

Cabelo wrote:
    Snes9x is the homebrew... Mario is only about a meg and Snes9x isn't even a meg. usually Snes roms will be 1mb or less. All stars is 1.5 and it's the biggest I've got. Good use of a 32mb card.

A lot of games react badly to widescreen (use the fit option on snes9x)

I'll be upgrading and then re-1.5ing tonight to watch a UMD movie. I'll report in tomorrow.

wooo excellent! do the roms fit the full screen or play on a little screen in the middle ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

downgraded. now playing sonic3d :D omg it's awesome :D

Advertisement