Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hookin d decks to a laptop

• 27-09-2005 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

just wondering how u could hook a mixer to a laptop to play tunes through computer speakers, moved house and have no room for me amp and speakers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭theexis

What kind of input does your laptop sound card have? If it has line in you'll just need phono to mini jack; for a mic input you'll need a DI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

cable.jpg

It should look something like this, Be very careful with Gain levels, When playing through a laptop, you could easily blow the sound card/speakers.

Sean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Be very careful with Gain levels, When playing through a laptop, you could easily blow the sound card/speakers.

Yeah, was gonna say the same thing. Make sure all your levels are turned down on your Mixer initially.

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

yea you can get those cables in maplins for like a fiver

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭hannable80

yeah got the cables and have a mic input to my laptop what software do i need ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

laptop speakers are woeful

why bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭hannable80

beg to differ on that 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smeggle

hannable80 wrote:
    beg to differ on that 1

so would I ...

why not just use Traktor DJ Studio 2? Full mixing system with a lot of gadget trickery stuff that drives me potty but it's good (The 'Synchronizey' is a wicked cheat for lazy beat matching lol)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

theres no bottom end on them

unless youre sending the audio out the audio jack and into an amp, then into a semi decent pair of monitor speakers, theyre crap

Advertisement