Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rad 8500 Vs GF3

• 08-09-2001 4:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

Right, I've read around on a number of websites, some Followers of the ATI scene, some neutral, and have only heard good things about this new little plastc wonder, but while playin cs yesterday I was talking to some1 who had just bought a GF3....
    They said that Rad 8500 was flawed??, how can this be,, I check Overclockers which is where he said he got his info and have found nuffin, so i was just wondering have any of yee heard bout this glitches or was he just getting confused with there being no proper drivers around... Well I dunno..:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 m|nty

It's gonna big a very good card, if not better than the GF3. Q flame :spank: (does that work here?) ! .Drivers were still pre-release but ATI will make it. Hold on tight now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I haven't read up on this card at all. What makes it different to the GF3? I've heard stuff about the R200, but is this just the internal name for the actual chip, like NV10 was the GeForce256?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

R200 is the internal name for the GPU.

It is too early to say if the Radeon 8500 will beat the GeForce3 - many of the reviews that are out at the moment criticise ATI's decision to exhibit their card at such an early stage.

Advertisement