Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP'S Internet Browser??

• 27-09-2005 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hey, I've Just installed version 2.0 on my psp, i got lots of good stuff of it, New backgrounds and all that, but at the end of the start menu( Settings,Photo,Video,Music,And Network(which is new)) and when i go into the network there is a new item called internet browser, can anyone please tell me what this Browser is about, and how does it work. Can i browse the whole internet through my Very Own PSP?? :)

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

yes you can, you need a wireless router first [or wireless card?]
    and you can set it up in your network settings, and once thats done you can surf the net on your browser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭boy1er1990

Oh, This Is Cool, Thanks very much. But can i not just use the router, whats this about a wireless card(surley not for the psp)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Yep all you need is a wireless router -
    Go into the network settings on the psp and enter your ssid and wep key/wpa key thats pretty much all you need to do.

boy1er1990 wrote:
    Oh, This Is Cool, Thanks very much. But can i not just use the router, whats this about a wireless card(surley not for the psp)?

i was unsure, i was thinking maybe adhoc connection was possible, probably not.
    You need a wireless router,.

Once you Have the router, Then you can surf the net?

• Advertisement

My School has wireless and my psp picked up a signal. is there any way i can use this signal, without needing a username and password, could i just use the signal or is there a password.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

boy1er1990 wrote:
    My School has wireless and my psp picked up a signal. is there any way i can use this signal, without needing a username and password, could i just use the signal or is there a password.

Depends if there connection is open => Yes

If they are using Wep/Wpa => not unless you have the key.

usually public domains have WEP encryptions, which means you will have to enter an encryption key to access the wireless point, you could try it, it may not have one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

you know how to find out if there is a password?

try it....

Well, i will try that, but when i am doing computer studies i will pick the wep key and all that info. :)

I Still cannnot belive you can be on yahoo and boards through you psp :)

Lol i will try it...

• Advertisement

Thats great, i am away for the night(school in morning) plus i sprayned my wrist today and its ******* Really Really sore, and the typing is not helping :)

LOL , Will post again tomorrow :)

Advertisement