Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F-RAG Trip costing €17.50

• 27-09-2005 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

That sounds a bit much considering all it is,is a bus journey to a 'secret location'. Please correct me if im wrong. I was thinking it would be MAX a tenner.Now im in two minds as to go or not.What does everyone else think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Supply and Demand dude.

The F-RAG trip last year was so good last year that the stupid bleedin freshers then bought out the Rag Trip tickets in a matter of hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

seems a bit expensive... I guess they've a lot planned for it.
    I think it was £5 when I was there... those where the day!
    It's a good laugh though... plenty of shinanagans.
    All I remember is being down in the students union next day (still wasted) rummaging through 3 huge big black bin liners full of clothes that were left behind on the bus / in the club.
    And I found my jacket! sweet! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

is a bit steep alright but ya pay for wat ya get...so lets hope its gggreat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

For 17.50 im expecting HUGE THINGS!

ye, me too.. cheap drink is one of my expectations

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

I can't beleive U guys think that's expensive!! :eek:

If you're a misery guts.... stay at home! (You're not wanted!) :mad:

If you're a party animal... GET GONE!!

They're always brilliant, and worth every penny!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I havn't enough money to go! :( At the moment I can barely afford the ticket. At that if I buy a ticket I'll be walking to Kevin Street from Terenure every day and back because I wont have enough for bus fare. I can hold out another week I'd say. I have got to get myself a job. I'm stone cold broke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

17.50 isnt steep at all... renting a bus is crazy expensive. Sure look at the cost of a return journey to Electric Picnic.... 40 odd yo. Yowsers. Dunno if I'll go on this, but the cost shouldnt be a factor at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

, but the cost shouldnt be a factor at all.
    yes it should.
    the SU gets the majority of its income from student fees, so they have a duty to get costs as low as possible for students.
    It's their money after all.
    You cant compare with Elec Pic as thats run to make a huge profit.
    Also, they should use sponsorship and deals with such bus companies - ie - give us a lower fare for this and we'll use you for our sports clubs.
    I was involved in sports clubs in DIT before and saw the SU squander money like no mans business.
    They lost thousands of pounds on a failed freshers ball in the Point a few years ago.
    Actually - just checked this and it was €73,000 they lost (and admitted it) on a Rag ball around 4 years ago.

whiskeyman wrote:
    yes it should.
    the SU gets the majority of its income from student fees, so they have a duty to get costs as low as possible for students.
    It's their money after all.
    You cant compare with Elec Pic as thats run to make a huge profit.
    Also, they should use sponsorship and deals with such bus companies - ie - give us a lower fare for this and we'll use you for our sports clubs.
    I was involved in sports clubs in DIT before and saw the SU squander money like no mans business.
    They lost thousands of pounds on a failed freshers ball in the Point a few years ago.
    Actually - just checked this and it was €73,000 they lost (and admitted it) on a Rag ball around years ago.

When I said cost shouldnt be a factor I was talking about myself... god, I've been dying of bronchitis for the last two weeks... soooo many pints gone undrunk.
    I think the SU would be better off pouring more of its money into health services etc, rather then spending it so a minority can go and get pissed on the cheap.
    They should have a deal with bus companies regarding sports clubs etc... seems a bit stupid that they dont.
    €73,000 is an insanely huge amount to lose on one event... I havent completely got the hang of DIT's SU's workings yet, but it seems to me that they wield far too much power. Not that the students shouldnt have the power... but it seems that they're in control of alot of the capitated bodies giving them a bit too much power. As far as I can see clubs and societies come under the SU yeah? Thats a bit mad really... I'm used to things in Trinity where the socs&clubs were like a counter balance against the SU, so if the SU make some mad decision theres always a society ready to stand up to them if needs be. Ah anyhows, I'm not gonna waffle til I know how the whole thing works me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 lauraoaktree

are drinks gonna be the usual price, or will they be student prices?? ie 3 euro a drink....?

theyll be pub prices..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

pschh save your pennies for the real trip. RAG TRIP!

Hurrah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭iloveireland

rise and shine ladies and gentlemen

Leitrim? One nightclub? Wuuuuuh!?!

Advertisement