Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going out with Straight girls

Options
  • 27-09-2005 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,

Well first of all is that possible...! I've been out for 5-6 years and am now 26. A year and a half ago, starting 'seeing' a girl, who at the time was totally straight. To cut a long story short she has been going out with a guy the whole time we have been seeing each other. I suppose I always thought, she'll dump him for me.....funny...that never happend. I never thought there was such a thing really as being bisexual, its either one or the other. This whole thing has changed my mind I suppose....Or....

Are people just having a laugh!!? So does 'going out' with somebody of the same sex not really matter!? Do straight/Bi gilrls really actually think they wud ever 'go out' properly with the girl/guy....????

Anyways, looking back on the whole thing, wish it never happend, what a waste of time. It had its absolute highs but of course the lows!

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Not sure what you're asking, but No, you've had an individual experience, it doesn't determine any general behaviour/attitude to bisexuality.

To me it would simply reflect more closely what would be expected in any situation where you involved yourself with an attached person.

Even the terms you use, you were "seeing" her while she was "going out" with some one else.

Put it down to experience, and maybe next time decide you deserve the full attention of the other person.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Hi Pinky53 and welcome.
    I've had very similar experiences with bi-sexual guys, I've talked to quite a few and out of that any that have been with girls wouldn't seriously consider dating a guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

First off some people are of the mind set that fuking around is ok. Then there are people that don't really view being with a member of the same sex as something legitimate, Just a laugh as you put it, and therefore isn't a real relationship. Those people are wrong to think that. My attitude is that regardless of gender if you're in a relationship you should respect that relationship. This girl had no respect for you or herself if she was threating you this way. Most people would probably do what she did if the people involved allowed her to, in the way you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

I dont think sexuality has anything to do with your situation. You were a third wheel, and I think it happens a lot in str8 relationships too. I would think you were onto a loser, from the word go, regardless.

There are loads of bisexuals who want their same sex jollies while maintaining the str8 lifestyle. Just as there are loads of str8 people who want to play away, while being in a relationship.

I for one was one of those people that thought I could never have a gay relationship, so stuck to str8 ones. The only thing that changed that attitude was meeting the right person. So I think it is possible to change such attitudes, just difficult.

Also I think what happened with you is a reason so many gays are so resentful of bisexuals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭4red

A lot of str8 girls like to get their jollies with other girls from time to time, or, as in your case, on the side. Problem is, it's a bit annoying if you're part of a phase their going through. They want all the fun/passion of lady love but then want the approval of society by having a boyfriend...

I suggest we boycott these girls*, let them stay frustrated with their fellas until around middle age, when they'll suddenly dump him and have an affair with a woman. Of course by then they've had the marriage and kids all sewn up - handy, ay?

*except for the exceptionally gorgeous ones of course...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

4red wrote:
    A lot of str8 girls like to get their jollies with other girls from time to time, or, as in your case, on the side. Problem is, it's a bit annoying if you're part of a phase their going through. They want all the fun/passion of lady love but then want the approval of society by having a boyfriend...

Yup definately true in my experiance! then as is also the case many straight people want the respectability of marraige and the excitment of affairs!
    Its person-specfic! This was an unfortunate situation but the best thing you can do is cut your losses and decide not to get involveded with someone in a relationship again. There's plenty of genuine people out there who reguardless of (bi)sexuality are completely against screwing around!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hunter S

Sounds like shes actualy been very honest with you, you seem to have been told the truth from the start and she doesnt seem to have promised to leave her boyfriend for you, it was your mistake to assume so.

I dont think we can judge this girl at all, if both relationships are conducted in honesty is a polyamorous relationship not as valid as a monogamous one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Hunter S wrote:
    I dont think we can judge this girl at all, if both relationships are conducted in honesty is a polyamorous relationship not as valid as a monogamous one?

If both sides know what their getting into, yes.

Advertisement