Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does ANYONE like Op. Clean Sweep??

Options
  • 27-09-2005 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

I've been on 3 servers tonight, including TiG, and everytime this map comes on the servers empty. It's one of the most boring, repetitive and annoying designed maps ever. The air combat is great, I think there should have been a bit of a smaller map with more air support on both sides.

As it is, it sucks and is absolutely no fun to play unless you manage to get one of the few planes around the map. :(

I wish someone would just take this off the tig cycle....I mean i wouldn't bother complaining if it was personnal taste but as said before, loads of servers loose all their players within the first while of this map.

Does anyone, apart from pilots, actually like this map? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

thought that at first, but I've grown to like it - same with Fushee (sp?) Pass.
    I still cant stand Kubra Dam though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

For US its the long trudge from base to island for mec its the long trudge from recently taken flag to next one.

I like it the fights around the bases can be good but its too bloody big and with choppers capping un defended flags its can be repetitive and boring.

The 1st flag and the last MEc base are the best hot spots the ones in the middle just bore me.

kdjac

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I like it.

But I hate Kubra Dam, unless I'm a gunner in a wopter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

kubra dam, while spectacularly designed, and massive for infantry is crap tbh.
    So is Op clean sweep.

Now, sharqui peninsula. Theres a map. I average 4:1 kills to deaths on that map in 32 player.
    </imo>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I really can't stand..Zatar Wetlands? That swampy foggy level. Fecking hate it. I've had a few good games on Clean Sweep but generally find it too boring. Kubra Dam is kinda the same, if you like being infantry most of the time, it's generally big long boring trudges back and forth between flags that usually end up getting recaptured by the enemy 5 seconds later :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm not too keen on op. clean sweep aswell but there can good fights at hot spots here and there. Needs a very well organised team to make it any way enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I love it because its the map I learned to fly on.
    It means so much to me..
    Please, please dont take it away.............. pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

clean sweep isnt the worst, but i dont play it much. Im not mad about it, but had a few good rounds on it. Zatar wetlands pisses me off, its just too f*cking big. Kubra dam is actually quite a nice map when you play it enough, i had a great time BH whoring on it the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

On the Urban maps I do pretty well, maybe 3:1 ratio normally.

But on maps like Clean Sweep I end up randomly roaming the map, to be evantually blown up or shot down by a helicopter about 2 yards from a flag, after trudging half the map on foot. I think its a great air to air map, but there isn't enough of that at all. Also, since I use the mouse and keyboard to fly, I normally stick to transport in copters and obviously enough bail at the first sign of action given my control layout. So for all us non pilots the map is just boring....well, not for all of us, but for alot of us.

Kubra Dam I actually like. Its not as sparse or reptitive as Clean Sweep and has more variation on locations. Still a tad boring if you are infantry based, but overall I find it quite playable and enjoyable. Zatar wetlands is also a bit boring, but at least there are a few constant hotspots for infantry to slog it out, not a great map, but I always find myslef in action when playing on it.

I wish there were more maps like the peninsula level and the other similar maps. I love the urban enviroments, they provide the best firefights ever and still provide great action for air to air combat. Should be more of them imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I can't stand Songhua Stalemate. Ugh.

I adore Karkand. Mmmm, close quaters street fighting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Zillah wrote:
    I can't stand Songhua Stalemate. Ugh.

I adore Karkand. Mmmm, close quaters street fighting...

Ah yeah! I had the names wrong. It's Songhua Stalemate I hate. I actually like the Wetlands level. Running across those pipelines and hopping down into the base is always fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Ah yeah! I had the names wrong. It's Songhua Stalemate I hate. I actually like the Wetlands level. Running across those pipelines and hopping down into the base is always fun :D

Yeah, I often got those two mixed up, they're both swampy. Songhua is the one with mists and no oil pipes.

Zatar Wetlands can be fun, but its by no means my favourite. And walking on those pipe lines is like shouting "Shoot me shoot me shoot me."

I'll be happy to oblige :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Pongo

Zatar wetlands, Kubra Dam, and Operation cleansweep are all crap for infantry. They shouldn't be though, because on each level the game designers give each side a nice big transport chopper, as well as several APC's. The problem is, that there is always some arsehole who thinks it's perfectly okay to fly off in the transport chopper alone, or tear off in an APC, leaving their team mates stranded and facing a long trek. Nothing, and I mean nothing, pisses me off more in the game than an empty Blackhawk taking off when people are begging for pickups...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Pongo wrote:
    Zatar wetlands, Kubra Dam, and Operation cleansweep are all crap for infantry. They shouldn't be though, because on each level the game designers give each side a nice big transport chopper, as well as several APC's. The problem is, that there is always some arsehole who thinks it's perfectly okay to fly off in the transport chopper alone, or tear off in an APC, leaving their team mates stranded and facing a long trek. Nothing, and I mean nothing, pisses me off more in the game than an empty Blackhawk taking off when people are begging for pickups...

to counterpoint that, the amount of times ive sat in an apc/transport chopper shouting GET IN and people just mill about or run off to get their own vehicle.

it all comes down to thesimple thing that 90% of players are selfish, they want the control rather than surrender control to someone else.

as to maps
    Zatar wetlands - Very good air map, but its overshadowed by the open plains tank combat, and the center hill and south-west base are normally under massive contention with pitched infantry battles.
    Mashtur City - Chopper map until the update, but i prefer tank combat on this map, all my highest scoring games are in a tank.
    Gulf of oman - fairly boring unless you are in a plane or fighting a pitched battle along the coastal flags
    Kubra Dam - 3 major hotspots where you get good fights, the bridge area, the upper AA spawn and the dam flag. decent enough air map but theres too much AA closed in with a total of 3?! AA tanks with easy access to the main combat areas.
    Operation Clean Sweep - One of my favorite maps, probably the best air map as the open sea area gives plenty of dogfighting room with no hazards or AA. However it is a very good groundmap aswell, the largest hotspot is the flag between the helipad and the small airstrip as thats where i see the largest battles.
    sharqi peninsula - Probably the best infantry map there is, choppers can be easily dealt with if you stick with a decent squad, tanks get cut to ribbons by the plethora of laneways and through building access.
    Strike at Karkand - second best infantry map imo, second best tank map too, but again tanks get murdered from laneways. i had the best pitched battle ever on this map at the bridge flag, the US had all the flags on their side ofthe bridge and we had all the flags on our side, they had cut their side of the bridge and there i was in a tank with apcs either side of me, infantry layingdown fire from the two guard towers and machine gun fire racing back and forth........(deep breaths)
    Dragon Valley - i find this the most pedestrian and boring map, i rarely have a good game here.
    Shongua Stalemate - the worst map in the game, chopper whoring will be done away with so there wont even be a reason to play it.
    FuShe Pass - some great hotspots, the power station, the base overlooking the dam and the american AA base on the ridge, some very very good battle sites. also a fairly decent air map.
    Daqing Oilfields - fairly boring map, ive only ever enjoyed it from the air.
    Dalian Plant - i love ground assault on this map, almost as much as i love it as an air map.

Advertisement