Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

migration of email accounts

• 27-09-2005 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

anyone know when the migration of email a/cs to ul domain will be completed?
    anyone know why ITD couldnt do it during the summer so that it could be up and running when students return!?!? hmmm
    also, to access ul email from outlook at home, do i need to make any changes? doesnt seem to be working at the mo, but that could be because of the migration...
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Someone said the 16th?????? Whether that was this month and they are in trouble or thats next month i dunno? Poor 1st year next to me today in the library was asking me all these questions til i told him its actually not his fault and that its ITD working on the system. Isnt there someone here on coop in the ITD; could you please shed some light (sorry i cant remember who it twas:( apologies)

Hermes and Vulcan are gone as well tried today .... again .........
    Its ill timing i think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Nukem wrote:
    Hermes and Vulcan are gone as well tried today .... again .........
    Its ill timing i think!
    No sign of Gabriel then either I suppose? Pity, my UL account gets so much spam that I tend to open it rather irregularly and I was hoping to do the Autumn reading of UL mail sometime this fortnight. All the useful stuff gets sent to the csis account (which I've forgotten the password to) anyway.

Most of you won't be aware of Gabriel. My ID number is, er, oldish so I had to use that one instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Coop in ITD: Yeah the email accounts are down and they will be back soon. There are some 22,000 accounts to migrate between domains so it will be a long process, also the reason it has extended on into the start of the year is that the domain change has been on going since the start of august, and its taking a long time!

btw its not our policy to give helpful solutions, that only brings more work on yourself. Remain vague and unreachable. ITD :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,668 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Amen

kodute wrote:

btw its not our policy to give helpful solutions, that only brings more work on yourself. Remain vague and unreachable. ITD :D
    The force is strong in this one ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

In case people have given up checking the migration is complete when you click on outlook just give it a couple of seconds to load.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

tis true! we can access our accounts once more!
    now, does anyone know what changes have to be made to access it from home? i had it all set up, but it no longer seems to be working since the migration..do i have to change the server or something? any info would be greatly appreciated ... sound! :D

In college i had to use the exchstudent2.ul.campus for my e-mails and heard people using mail2web.com for at home (doest work for me:mad:)

Love to know when we can get them proper at home - also anyone got a server address for where the exam papers are held?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Still can't seem to access my UL email account from the CSIS... I need to find out when Drama Soc, Laughing Soc, GSoc and a couple of others meet next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I use hermes.ul.ie as the server name instead of just hermes.

try that rozie with yer own mail server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Any other useful exchange addresses? I'm trying to read my email with Outlook here in the CSIS with no luck. I have a 00 id number, if that helps. Also, is the domain still Undergraduate

Nope, its UL. UNDERGRADUATE still exists, but the student accounts were moved already.

For anyone who still hasn't figured it out the new servers are EXCHSTUDENT1.ul.ie,EXCHSTUDENT2.ul.ie etc instead of hermes and cronus and that craic.

Yours Truly
    ITD ;)

*waits anxiously for kodute to offer solution to everyones mail2web problem*

*waits anxiously for kodute to offer solution to everyones mail2web problem*

get your self a compsoc account, use fetchmail or similar to download all you email accounts into one...bypassing all the nasty mail2sh*t business.

*he shoots, he scores!* :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Is it just me or are the mail servers not working again
    Were working till thursday or friday but now they aint

its just you... ;)

Public folders where do i get them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

I still can't get them working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=205440

forget mail2web and use the online exchange thingy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement