Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FLIRT FM...Short Story....More INFO...READ TIS!!!

Options
  • 28-09-2005 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

:cool: Attention midlander's on the 25/nov/03 just a fue weeks before christmas, three teens got there heads together to start up a radio station, after the last "free" radio, dj Ozzy was suddenly taken off the air by Midlands Radio Three. Between then and our time on the air, seven months had passed. someone had to do something about the silence. So as i said at the start, three teens got together to start one up. First an ad was put into the Buy and Sell for a transmitter. (We needed one, because shouting in the air got us nowhere.) Two or so days later we got a responce. Barry, Shane and i put a fue euro toether to buy the transmitter. It was a good lookin machine but none of us had a clue on how to use it. so all i did was stick a bit of wire into the back of it as an antenna set it to low power and the frequncy to 88.8 at first, i went to the nearest radio.... IT WORKED.... now i needed a proper aerial and coax. i got them from England (it took long enough.) i already had the audio gear so i was sorted on that half. Then it began. It was slow at first but it got up to speed very quickly. at around half ten pm i was recieving 200 messages an hour. two phones were killed because of them, so i had to go GSM. the falcon GSM moden is a type of phone for the pc, it has no screen or buttons it connects direct to the computer. so that sorted out the messages. me and the boys had the station running perfect for a long time. we all started to loose interest after three months or so. i myself had to work in dublin every day and the lads had to work too. so running the station got very hard to do. as quick as it started it stopped. a year and a half pssed and everyone is still asking me about it, when am i going to start it back. SO I AM GOING TO DO SO next year with a bit of luck. i may buy everything back though, so this make a while i am staying with the same frequncy 104.5. i will also start advertising to make the station bigger. and if possible ill hire DJ'S. Excuse my spellings. c ya all from Barry Kelly, Shane Holohan and me, Emmet Holohan...........FLIRT FM UNDERGROUND RADIO...!!! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Have you got a Licence form COMREG for your liitle operation? If not you cease broadcasting with out delay.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement