Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Observation

Options
  • 28-09-2005 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭

I was out doing something in my back garden tonight at about 11:25. When I was finished doing what I was doing, I just looked up into the sky to see what was happening! So pretty much straight away I spotted this little light heading north/north-east at a good pace. Nothing too strange there, but right behind it in the exact same path was another little light! I don't know my degress, but if you were to join any 2 of the points in Cassiopeia, they were about half that distance apart. As I say, never seen anything like it before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

It was a plane. With a light on the front and a light on the back i'd say...

Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

It was a plane. With a light on the front and a light on the back i'd say...

Nice one.

If you have nothing constructive to say, please don't say anything.
    and stop trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

I've seen things like that before and I always assumed they were low orbit satellites.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

You'll see plenty of satellites. If there was no flashing, and it was steady, that is probably what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Yeah I see plenty of satellites, but this was a pair together. Had never seen that before. Apparently it's a set of NOSS satellites.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭albertw

whyulittle wrote:
    Yeah I see plenty of satellites, but this was a pair together. Had never seen that before. Apparently it's a set of NOSS satellites.

NOSS satellites usually (always?) travel in 3's though.

Cheers,
    ~Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Not according to that link. Skynotes posted it over on the irishastronomy boards in reply to my query.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭albertw

whyulittle wrote:
    Not according to that link. Skynotes posted it over on the irishastronomy boards in reply to my query.

Well whatever John says is right! Must read up again on those satellites.

Cheers,
    ~Al

Advertisement