Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help Needed With Rj45 On A Rj11 Adsl Wireless Gate Way??

• 28-09-2005 1:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

I.ve got a Linksys WAG-54G Wireless ADSL Gateway ,which i used to use with my netsource BB for my main system , laptop and my PDA... anyhow i got rid of netsource and got IBB instead "its a long story" but this time around with IBB they have got it right with my 2MB brezze ."it works"..Any how is there any way at all the i can use the linksys for the IBB as the IBB comes in the shape of a RJ45 and as you can see the linksys is more or less made with a phone line ADSL input ...
    So if anybody out there can come up with some way of me plugging in my RJ45 Ethernet plug into this and getting wireless from it or is it time to sell it on and get something thats made for the job and if so any ideas what would be a cheap RJ45 Ethernet wireless set-up ....

Ihanks in advance DUBDVD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Sure!
    Just plug your Ibb ethernet into any socket in the router.
    find out the Ip address of your IBB modem/router and set that as your "default gateway" on each computer you use on the network.
    Want a screenie or instructions on how to do that? ask.
    But I know you don't, so I wont bother.
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

Nice one Fuzzy for your fast reply thanks ...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

of course this bypasses the firewall within the router, but its really your only option!

Advertisement