Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New chopper tactics needed for upcoming patch

Options
  • 28-09-2005 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭

I'm really looking forward to the next patch where everone but the pilot will have to get out of the chopper to cap the flags, its going to totally change play imo. A lot of new tactics can be employed and generally make a lot of the maps more interesting. I can just imagine two assault soldiers with a nice vantage point and good with the grenade launcher cutting a 6 man chopper team to pieces while their trying to cap a flag.

What does everyone think?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'm really looking forward to the next patch where everone but the pilot will have to get out of the chopper to cap the flags, its going to totally change play imo. A lot of new tactics can be employed and generally make a lot of the maps more interesting. I can just imagine two assault soldiers with a nice vantage point and good with the grenade launcher cutting a 6 man chopper team to pieces while their trying to cap a flag.

What does everyone think?

All the bits of info on the latest patch always stated it would only be the pilot/driver who gets the points, and that passengers would have to exit the vehicle. Could you please give a source for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

Not worth risking chopper, you`re better off flying over it and a guy jumping out and parachute at the last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Spear wrote:
    All the bits of info on the latest patch always stated it would only be the pilot/driver who gets the points, and that passengers would have to exit the vehicle. Could you please give a source for this?

Huh?
    You just repeated what the op said...

Yeah, its gonna change things big time. and its gonna allow jet pilots to blow those sons of bitches up with missiles instead of them capping a flag in 3 nanoseconds and flying off. I reckon the blackhawk pilots who employ this tactic to gain poiints will get mega annoyed and quit doing it, cos they are going to be sitting ducks waiting there for the flag to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Sure if you throw several c4 to the top of the flag pole they're already sitting ducks! ;)

Nothing like a 6 man c4 kill on those bastids! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Keyzer wrote:
    Huh?
    You just repeated what the op said...

That's because I missed out the word "but" and made myself look stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Done it a few times capping with the Black Hawk. Does sometimes spoil the game though but ya usually just want the points. Would see it now more of a tactic till use the BH till circle the flag with a gunner or 2 while troops actually go in & cap it now. Should be more fun. Done this circlin one day, not sure if was scrapper or levy. Was fun watchin the kills he was gettin but was gettin bored circlin after few mins as no troops were movin in :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Black hawk whores ruin mushroom city with their flag capping tbh.When the new patch comes out i think it will overtake karkand as the best map as the fighting is intense at most flags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'm really looking forward to the next patch where everone but the pilot will have to get out of the chopper to cap the flags

I read that and at first thought that you meant that only a chopper with just the pilot could cap at all, as in, anyone else in the chopper and the flag wouldn't cap. I thought to myself... where the hell is the sense in that? Spear's post cleared it up muchly for me.

Anyway, seems like a good enough idea, and should alter the gameplay of certain maps a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Berns was it you that was on that server ages ago playing kuraba Dam map where a blackhawk kept going around capping all the flags and i just got pissed off laid c4 all over the roof of the MEC base near their flag waited or the blackhawk and BOOM! 5 instant kills!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Dunno, Dont think I really used the black hawk much on that map. Coulda been though. I aint played really since darkside

• Advertisement
Advertisement