Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie switch to vbulletin!

Options
  • 08-09-2001 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

As you may have noticed the boards has undergone immense changes, moving out of the old UBB format into VBulletin mode. This mode is a lot more user friendly but a little different, and may take some time to get used to. Most of the old features have been retained, but there are a couple of things you may want to do -

A) Reselect your avatar
    I don think they were imported with user details, so you will have to reselect, a rather longer process at the moment due to the lack of a drop down list

B) Change the number of posts per page back to 40
    10 is the (rather too low) default in vbulletin boards.

C) Change the option about receiving an email whenever someone posts in a thread you have posted in to no, and the same with the option about receiving an email when you get a boards Private Message.
    The defaults on these are wrong in my opinion.

The three above things can be done My Profile or My Options under the 'User CP' button on the top right of your screen.

D) For full lists of changes, questions, problems and all the rest check up the Admin board, or the all new #boards.ie website on irc.b0rk.co.uk
    I believe there is also a link somewhere on the boards to a 'Boards Chat', which is a little java IRC application which will do all the work for you.

There are tons of new things you can play with, but dont ask me about them, ive been playing with them for about 5 hours now (moderators privelage) and i still dont know how things work. Remember, this is still in beta, even though it looks cool. One thing i would advise though, is to change your boards skin to 'Cloud Boards' for that traditional, old-style, reminiscent feel :) Thats what the boards was like a couple of years ago.

Anyway, have fun!

Adam Fahey
    Boards Moderator

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 littlebopeep

ok i really dont care if everyone here laughs at me-i cant figure out how to get back my picture(i still dont think they should be called avatars but thats something completely different).can anyone please tell me how to-feel free to explain it slowly in big letters with lots of spacing cos i wont object-im really bad with computers and i find this new format confusing.thanx:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

go to user cp and then edit...options i think
    it's down at the bottom there

ok i did find it but everytime i tried to open it(all 5 times) and reselect my picture it kept freezing my desktop-am i just being paranoid or is something wrong with either my computer or the page??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

No problems here, but the avatar selection process is a biatch at the moment, i think its somewhere on clouds 'things to do' list, but probably pretty close to the bottom.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

euch, i feel so dirty, im using ie to post

opera will read the boards but not post to them.
    i dont really expect this to be fixed but i might as well
    point it out

• Advertisement

ok im gonna edit this reply cos i got a picture again-poison ivy was the coolest batman female character despite what not getting to wear a catsuit. so now im happy again:)

Advertisement