Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I hope.....

• 08-09-2001 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

....unregistered users can't post because we don't want to have another josie69 on our hands do we ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Paleface

Who was josie69? Elaborate please...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

A person from the old phantom message board who was exceedingly rude and slagged everyone and their taste in music off for no good reason. They never had anything in the least but positive to say. Put simply: a dickhead. There was also Roy Cummins who acted the same and was probably the same person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

but couldn't she/he just register and open up an account? then when she/he gets kicked off they could just open up another account.

as far as i can remember roy cummins was posting here a while back, but only once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Paleface

I always wondered if someone was kicked off would they be able to register again. How would the guys that run this board be able to tell if it was the same person or not. Does it have something to do with the computer your using and if that was the case whats to stop them using a different one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Manufractured Individual

that "Kunts all of you guy" was able to...but he seem to be gone now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Jen.Jen

Originally posted by Paleface
    I always wondered if someone was kicked off would they be able to register again. How would the guys that run this board be able to tell if it was the same person or not. Does it have something to do with the computer your using and if that was the case whats to stop them using a different one?

Yeah I think it's hard for them because they can't exactly just block one computer from the board because I'm sure a lot of people post from college and stuff and lots of people would use those computers and also as you said they can just post from another one....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

nmechat used to bar by ip address and not by name, which is much handier (unless the person is a real freak and decides that internet cafe's are the way to go....)

Advertisement