Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese PSP vs Euro PSP

• 28-09-2005 10:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting a PSP but I'd like to know the difference between the Japanese PSP and the Euro PSP.
    I can get a great deal on a Jap PSP and was wondering if there was any reason I should go for a European one over it.

Surely I could just flash the Euro firmware if I needed to?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

yeah from today the psp downgrader is out so either psp would do u..the main difference is the software versions...euro ones didn't play homebrew until today woohoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

If it was yesterday , pre noon id have said, you should be more concern'd
    about what firmware you get, but since now there is a downgrader for 2.00, id go with euro psp, original claimed difference were/are : That the screen suppliers/manufacturers were different ? but there was no noticile difference , another difference is that X and O buttons are switches [.ie , O is to process etc]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Placebo wrote:
    If it was yesterday , pre noon id have said, you should be more concern'd
    about what firmware you get, but since now there is a downgrader for 2.00, id go with euro psp, original claimed difference were/are : That the screen suppliers/manufacturers were different ? but there was no noticile difference , another difference is that X and O buttons are switches [.ie , O is to process etc]
    Well the Jap one is much better value for me.
    Would the firmware fix the O and X buttons swapped?
    Could I get my Jap version with v2 firmware and downgrade to v1.5 Euro firmware?

the firmware is not region encodedie the jap 2.0 is the same as th euro 2.0 afaik..yeah justs get any psp and u can downgrade it no worries also there is a honebrew program for 2.0 to switch the buttons so your sorted there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

WizZard wrote:
    Well the Jap one is much better value for me.
    Would the firmware fix the O and X buttons swapped?
    Could I get my Jap version with v2 firmware and downgrade to v1.5 Euro firmware?

yes it is possible to switch. If its better value go for it. id rather buy it in shop !

• Advertisement

yeah if u get it off a retailer at least u have comback rather than gettin a dodgy one for cheap off a private seller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Do Sony not honour the warranty on PSP's bought abroad?

Advertisement