Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foods for skin?

• 28-09-2005 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

What foods are recommended for improving your skin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Richard_S wrote:
    What foods are recommended for improving your skin?

Richard, be careful asking such a question..

If you have any allergies etc..one mans wine is another mans poisen ...
    Whats prompted you to ask this ?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have heard that Avocado is great for skin full of Vitamin E which is recommended for good skin.
    Of course not everyone likes eating Avocado....
    I like to eat it in a Guacamole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Cucumber is also meant to be good. tbh, eating a wide and varied selection of fruit and veg is your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Richard_S

Just facial dry skin can be a pain you know, espeically after showering. Wondering if certain foods helped the situation, like I was told fish is helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I suffer from mild excema and have countless food allergies, but do find that Multibionta vitamins really help my skin, I have exactly the same problem after a shower.

Try using a shower gel thats got moisturiser built in like the Lynx "speed" or "contact" gels if you skin doesnt get irritated by the perfume in them, it really helps.

As already said eat as much fuit and veg as possible, I also find lots of protein is good for the skin too. Stay away from anything with ingrediants you dont have in the kitchen and drink LOADS of water, cannot stress that enough, if your body is properly hydrated the sking is far more healthy, also if you smoke - quit, smoking is bad for your skin and even worse for people with sensitive skin.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 my_mate

Antioxidant foods like citrus fruits. And avoid sugary foods like sweets as they inflame the skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 foodietwoshoes

Oily fish like salmon and sardines
    Avocado
    Nuts - particularly almonds, walnuts and coconuts
    Udo's oil

Advertisement