Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tax relief for single father!!!

Options
  • 28-09-2005 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

would any body know about tax incentives for single father???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

what do you mean 'incentives' mate? I assume you mean reliefs etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 morvan

yes i mean i ve heard about rent relief and paye tax relief since i have him over night with me in dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Ham Slicer

morvan wrote:
    yes i mean i ve heard about rent relief and paye tax relief since i have him over night with me in dublin

Fill in a form OP1 and send it to your local tax office.

If you are not living with the mother you will be entitled to increased tax credits and increased standard rate cut-off.

Good Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 morvan

thanks very much for the info, will enquire aobut that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Eru

Your also entitled to make a claim for the past 4 years if it applies so should be worth a few quid.

I got back over 2000 grand, very nice for christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,372 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Depending on your relationship with the mother, you may also be entitled to relief on money that you pay her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Eru

Victor wrote:
    Depending on your relationship with the mother, you may also be entitled to relief on money that you pay her.

No maintanance for children is NOT, I repeat NOT tax deductable. ON spouse maintanance is deductable.

PLease dont give bad information and advise.

Advertisement