Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know about Galway city bus routes?

Options
  • 28-09-2005 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

The cie website isn't of much help.

What's the best way, if any, of getting from Terryland to NUIG on the bus/buses?

I usually walk but then, i get drenched if it's raining. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Get a timetable, theres a little map in the centre of the book that shows all the routes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Where would I get one of those?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

to be honest you're ****ed either way ... 1 way at least you keep warm .. the other you freeze while waiting ..

to best of my knowledge you're gonna have to go terry land to eyre square ...

eyre square to knocknacarra ... rahoon ... newcastle ... should all take you by the uni .. depending on which part you want to go to ...

but I think you've just clocked up 2 journeys with that ...

http://194.106.151.88/jplan/bin/bhftafel.exe/en/52245/13:40?protocol=http:&ident=&seqnr=&naehe=0&

but I assume you've found that ?

so where are you simu?gort cuirt or dun? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

I have a copy in red writing of all the bus routes and timetables. Can probably pop into the CIE and get one, because I have no idea where I got mine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

On yer bike tbh, public transport around Galway sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

go through the first set of doors in the bus station, there should be a load of timetables to your left as you enter the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

simu wrote:
    Where would I get one of those?
    Ask any bus driver. they have abunch of em in the cab with them all the time

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

If i ever see a bus in galway i will...
    Apart from the ones that go to other counties i have only seen a bus once or twice in over a year of being in galway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Pakleton is right. The buses are really, really bad. They can be a good half hour either side of the stated time, no explanations, it's really down to luck if you get one or not. Stick to a bike or walk.

Thanks, people! Yeah - I'll stick to my two feet. I got a new, sturdy coat today so that sould make the weather less of an annoyance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Walk in, out and in again and you've saved the price of a Guinness.

You'd be stupid NOT to, tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Sarky wrote:
    Walk in, out and in again and you've saved the price of a Guinness.

You'd be stupid NOT to, tbh...

Yup, I do this and live fairly far away. Price of bus saved + this "excersize" thing people keep talking about = good idea. An mp3 player makes the time fly.

Hmmm It.all.makes.sense.now.die.thread.die.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Boom! Headshot!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement