Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein-Rosenrot

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I said it would be a dream lineup. I didn't say anything about it being more than a dream!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

damn :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Doubt it. Even in Germany it was Rammstein supporting System.

That was a festival.
    Festivals don't have supprt line ups.

Just 15 more days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Zwei tagen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

the album is so good...VERY GOOD. album of the year maybe:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Saw Rammstein at Brixton in February and they were absolutley deadly. The stage show was savage with massive flame throwers and arrows of fire and all other kinds of crazy sh*t. I have to say that Apocalyptica weren't bad as support either.
    Tha chances of Rammstein coming to Ireland are pretty slim though. As I recall it was only after a lot of fans protesting and begging in England that they decided to tour there.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

excellent album. rammstein are signing copies of rosenrot in england on sunday.

Got it today, with the DVD. Pretty good so far, but nothing new. Judgement suspended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Although its not there best, Rosenrot is still far better than Reise Reise in my opinion. Tracks such as Te Quiero Puta, Spring, Hilf Mir and Rosenrot really set this apart from their old stuff and adds a bit of variety and dare i say experimentation. Well worth the hour it took to..........buy. lol :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

My favourites from the album so far are "Te Quiero Puta", "Hilf Mir" and "Stirb Nicht Vor Mir" but overall its a great album. Benzin is a great way to kick off the album.

• Advertisement

chupacabra wrote:
    Although its not there best, Rosenrot is still far better than Reise Reise in my opinion. Tracks such as Te Quiero Puta, Spring, Hilf Mir and Rosenrot really set this apart from their old stuff and adds a bit of variety and dare i say experimentation. Well worth the hour it took to..........buy. lol :)

Keep in mind these are the tracks that didn't make it onto Reise Reise.

Keep in mind these are the tracks that didn't make it onto Reise Reise.

It'd make you wonder what they were thinking.

They said the Rosenrot songs didn't fit the theme/direction etc...

They said the Rosenrot songs didn't fit the theme/direction etc...

Ah right. That'd make sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I have in my hands a signed copy of Rosenrot limited edition. Yay. It was no way possible for me to attend the signing at Oxford Street at midnight last night but luckily my other half works in Park Lane and finished at 11 last night so he went to the signing for me.
    There were about 500 people there which wasnt bad for that hour of the night.
    Richard was the only one not there, the staff at virgin said he was ill but the crowd were saying he is more interested in his side project????

I asked my other half to ask Till about playing in Ireland in a future tour to which the grumpy arse replied" I am not here to answer questions" but Paul told him that they wouldnt be playing here.
    So from the horses mouth they said no so it think petitions wouldnt be worth a wnak. Pity tho!!!
    Raging I couldnt go but at least I got the signatures!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Nea wrote:
    I asked my other half to ask Till about playing in Ireland in a future tour to which the grumpy arse replied" I am not here to answer questions" but Paul told him that they wouldnt be playing here.
    So from the horses mouth they said no so it think petitions wouldnt be worth a wnak. Pity tho!!!

he could have been referring to the fact that they wont be touring this album, rather then "we'll never play ireland".

he could also be referring to the fact that no promoters are willing to shell out for them over here

Maybe, but the question was future tours.

Anyway there is a live chat with Flake on Wednesday on the official site so maybe he might answer differently(hopefully)

Nea wrote:
    " I am not here to answer questions"!
    Well he sounds like a w****r.

He comes across as a grumpy ****e anyway!!

I am quite impressed with Rosenrot, its kinda different, I was never a fan of Sharleen Spiteri or Texas but I think she sounds well with Till on Stirb nicht vor mir.

The pyrotechnics are too extreme for Irish laws, far as I know. Not allowed perform their stage shows here.

• Advertisement

Too bad, it would have been interesting.

Undergod wrote:
    The pyrotechnics are too extreme for Irish laws, far as I know. Not allowed perform their stage shows here.

That's waffle.

It's clearly a lack of demand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

Its an excellent album. Very dark sounding all the way through.

Very Mein Teil-ish sound for many of the tracks. Its got a good heavy vibe to it.

Its amazing how far they came from herzeleid and sehnsucht to this...I mean Mutter, Reise Reise and now Rosenrot. A progressive band if i ever saw one. So few bands do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,142 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

After listening to the whole album a few times it isnt great overall.
    Some good songs in the middle but its got some poor songs too.
    On a par with Reise Reise but no where near the masterpiece that is Mutter.
    Mutter is prob the defining album of that genre.

Had brief listen to it last night and I was nicely impressed.

Benzin is a great way to kick it off...very good all round and 'Te Quiero Puta' is brilliantly done....I think they deserve an award for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,142 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

That's waffle.It's clearly a lack of demand.
    I'm sure Rammstein could easily sell the Point out ,one if not 2 nights,considering the amount of rubbish acts that play there regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

I had Mutter roaring on the car stereo right through the summer 2001. Can't say that I'll be doing the same with their latest stuff; it's rubbish!

As for selling out the Point: Are there really that many fans here????

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Tiffany

Fantabulous album. Stirb Nicht Vor Mir is a quality track, as is Benzin, Mann Gegen Mann, Te Quiero Puta! and Feuer Und Wasser. Indeed the entire extravaganza of an album is a tickle of joy.

I'm sure Rammstein could easily sell the Point out ,one if not 2 nights,considering the amount of rubbish acts that play there regularly.

I disagree entirley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

they would if the tickets weren't expensive. you know they'd charge mad money to get them here. the cost of the pyro alone would force prices up massively

Advertisement