Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VB6 add on to aid with .NET upgrade

Options
  • 28-09-2005 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know of an add on tool that is available for VB6 that will highlight potential problems that would occur when upgrading to .NET? I'm looking for something that would highlight syntax problem or things that are not supported in .NET.

I know the .NET upgrade wizard will do similar but that is after you upgrade. My company are thinking of upgrading soon but since we have a massive amount of software developed in VB6 it would be nice to have something that points out potential future problems so that in the meantime we can develop our code in such a way as to make the upgrade easier when the time comes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I just found a tool called Code Advisor for VB6. It's available for free download from the Microsoft site.

Advertisement