Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subsidy Password

• 28-09-2005 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hey! I just got a Motorola v980 off ebay from England. I have a vodafone sim but when I put it in it asks for my subsidy Password

Can anyone explain this or tell me how to get my password? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Pinkfoot wrote:
    Hey! I just got a Motorola v980 off ebay from England. I have a vodafone sim but when I put it in it asks for my subsidy Password

Can anyone explain this or tell me how to get my password? :confused:

It means the phone is locked to the previous network, the original owner maybe able to get this for you, otherwise it needs to be unlocked, this is easy and quick but needs a special unlock box.

If you are in the Dublin/Wicklow areas I can do this for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Yep tis locked was it on "3" By any chance if so there maybe a need to flash the firmware as they lock a lot of features of there phones down and the mms and gprs wont work outside there network locked or unlocked

Advertisement