Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Bring Back free meteor to meteor texts

• 28-09-2005 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭

http://www.meteor.ie/makethemove/free_text.html

just spotted this today and i almost had a heart attack because i thought it meant that my free texts for life was going to be up! but it says there:

"We strongly recommend customers availing of Free Text for Life not to sign-up for this offer as it is the same offer but with a limited duration"

i'd say people who spent loads of money on a 085 sim with the free messages are kicking themselves now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

i love meteor!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah but it's only free texts till 2008 damn! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

BANG !!

.... The sound of the beginning of the Christmas marketing marathon by the mobile operators.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Cool! I finally get free texts, so what if its only till 2008!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Well done Meteor :) The same week Comreg put your market share in double digits for the first time. By 2008 it could have doubled again.
    This post has been deleted.

They will probably extend it several times ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

i just moved to Meteor as a bill pay customer, but I'd love something like this. C'mon meteor, remember the post-paid customers as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Fungus wrote:
    The same week Comreg put your market share in double digits for the first time. By 2008 it could have doubled again.
    What, market share in the quadruple digits?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

They did used to have free Meteor to Meteor texts for bill pay but they took them away about 3 months ago.
    I presume they'll reinstate it too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

i'd say people who spent loads of money on a 085 sim with the free messages are kicking themselves now. Er?

Sur we gets free texts for life and how do you mean loads of money???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I have 2 meteor sims with free texts and i was offered 50e for one of them.

I know people who have spent 100e on a meteor sim just so they can have free texts for life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

2008 might as well be life the way telecoms tech advances.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

looks like the gf is getting an early birthday present

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Pythia wrote:
    They did used to have free Meteor to Meteor texts for bill pay but they took them away about 3 months ago.
    I presume they'll reinstate it too...

Here's hoping :D

Just read today [Irish Times] that the average Irish person sends 91 texts per month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

What, market share in the quadruple digits?

Their market share is now 10.7% ... it could easily double to 20% by 2008 mainly at the expense of Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

I'm glad to hear this! Lost my phone last nite and don't know what i'll do with out free text! Lest if i don't get my phone back i can still get free text!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Darz0re

Ravage1616 wrote:
    I'm glad to hear this! Lost my phone last nite and don't know what i'll do with out free text! Lest if i don't get my phone back i can still get free text!

ya can get your number back with your free texts..

jsut drop into a meteor shop and ask for a replament sim card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

dudara wrote:
    the average Irish person sends 91 texts per month.

Haha,worked it out there last week that I average around 21 messages a day and thats just off my phone,not including the internet!!!

Advertisement