Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any No Limits refugees go over 75 hrs and didn't get cut off?

Options
  • 08-09-2001 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭

I was one of the people who got "The Letter" from Esat but I managed to remain on the service after ringing up and complaining. I'm under the 75 hours per month rule with esat now but I was just wondering if any of the No Limits "refugees" have gone over 75 hours and been cut off or are they still on the service? Can we chance going over 75 hours or do Esat enforce it? Just wondering.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

For the 1st 2 months I was a good little boy;) (42 & 71 hours respectivley), but this month its been alot more-

I haven't abused it or anything leaving it on all night or anything but just probably between 80-100 hours!

In response to the question??
    Who knows- I'd expect that the service will be withdrawn completly before they start issuing individual letters of withdrawl of service.

Like most things since the original letter its not exactly clear & if you called up a CS hotline their response would most likely be unclear as well as to our position.

I guess you just better stay on your surfboard, ride the wave & see where it takes you:)

BTW, Are you the Aidan Dunne who was quoted in the PC Live ISP Survey...ie: "Aidan Dunne form Portlaoise said...."
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Last month I did. I've probably already done the same this month.

I don't pay the bill though so I don't know my exact hours or if I incurred extra charges or anything like that - but I haven't been cut off.

Maybe Esat only checks a certain number of accounts each month? That's how many ISPs in the UK enforce things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Originally posted by 80project.com
    BTW, Are you the Aidan Dunne who was quoted in the PC Live ISP Survey...ie: "Aidan Dunne form Portlaoise said...."
    :confused:

Yep, one and the same. When I got "The Letter" I went nuts sending letters and e-mails of complaint all over the place. One of the letters I sent was to Charlie Taylor of PC Live and he asked if they could quote me. So far I've been quoted twice in the mag and once on their website. Nice to be recognised, eh? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ru1nzx

I doubt theres many people called Aidan dunne in portlaoise who use the internet excessively.. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Well, I was just wondering. I've gone back over my old bills and never went over 75 hours in the first place which shows it was all bulls**t, they just randomly selected a bunch of relatively high users (the most I used it was about 60 hours, so I guess I was a high enough user). Since then, I've downloaded a nice little internet timer so I can keep track of my usage. I've decided that if they want to impose a 75 hour limit then, by God, I'm going to use it as much as possible! My time for last month was 74hr 16 min, much more than I used to use it but, to hell with them, I'm gonna push it to the "limit", so to speak! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

I was good for a while too, but now I'm using it as much as I need... a good bit more than the 75 hours, but still I'm not abusing it, it's not connected when I'm not actually sitting at my computer.

Advertisement