Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24 Mbit starting in the U.K.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

I hate it when i see this. How can we be so far behind? With our bb services the way they are we can never claim to be a technologically advanced country. Its an absolute joke! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

€35 a month for 24 Mbit broadband with no cap! Fecks sake, words cannot describe how 1) insanely jealous I am 2) how pissed off I am at the state of this countries service. 39.99 a month for 2meg with a ****in cap. Grrrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Not UK - London!
    London's pretty much the only part of the UK where LLU has happened - and until LLU does happen here in Belfast - we'll all be buying the re-badged BT bitstream package.

Also - 24M/1.3M - that's a pretty crap down/up ratio...

This technology is ADSL2+.

Are eircoms exchanges ADSL2+ enabled?
    I believe smart telecom's equipment uses ADSL2.

Oh yeah and you can get up to 24mb; it is distance pendant.
    So you are unlikley to get 24mb unless you can lob a stone at your local exchange and the priest has sprinled holy water on your copper.

Advertisement